Ol' Dirty is dead! (official wu-tang thread)

Started by Sigur Rós, November 14, 2004, 07:21:40 AM

Sigur Rós

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Mourners and family members embrace at the wake of rapper Russell Jones, otherwise known as Ol' Dirty Bastard (ODB) in New York, Wednesday Nov. 17, 2004. Jones, a founding member of the hit rap group Wu-Tang Clan, collasped and died inside a New York recording studio Nov. 13.

Papa Wu brother of rapper Russel Jones, otherwise known as Ol'Dirty Bastard (ODB), speaks to the crowd during a wake in New York.

Damon Dash, second from right, President of Rocafella Records pays tribute to Russel Jones, otherwise known as Ol'Dirty Bastard (ODB).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Wu Tang's 'gift to ODB'

When a new Ol' Dirty Bastard album comes out next month, it will include a tribute track to the late rapper from the surviving members of his group the Wu-Tang Clan. The song, tentatively titled "I Go Through Life," would be one of the few recordings in several years to feature all the members of the influential New York rap collective.

"This is a gift to ODB and the fans, so the fans can feel our love," Wu Tang member and producer RZA told Billboard.

ODB, whose real name was Russell Jones, was working on the album in November at a Manhattan recording studio when he died of a heart attack caused by cocaine and a painkiller. He was 35.

The album, due March 22, will be the second posthumous release from ODB. A collection of unreleased tracks called "Osirus, the Official Mixtape" was issued in January by the rapper's mother and business manager.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

72teeth

Ghostface reviews "Watch the Throne"... and should review everything else by anyone, ever.

"2. Lift Off (ft. Beyonce) – I almost aint wanna even comment on this shit son.... I dont even kno what to say bout it yo. This shit sounds like the anthem the fairies in Ferngully would use to go to war against evil humans to or some shit b. This shit is like Shia LeBeouf in song form yo. "
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Reel

Quote from: 72teeth on August 28, 2011, 02:28:56 PM

"2. Lift Off (ft. Beyonce) – I almost aint wanna even comment on this shit son.... I dont even kno what to say bout it yo. This shit sounds like the anthem the fairies in Ferngully would use to go to war against evil humans to or some shit b. This shit is like Shia LeBeouf in song form yo. "

(cont'd)
Quote from: Ghostface on August 28, 2011, 02:28:56 PM
Lissenin to this shit is like havin ya ears penetrated by a million microscopic dicks namsayin. Shit sounds like niggas doin aerobics on a magical cloud of daisies. How many meadows did Kanye cartwheel across before he decided to make this beat? Seriously yo.... Jus how many lily pads did the nigga skip across the pond on before he got inspired to make some shit like this?

haha, yeah what I've heard of the album was pretty weak.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: 72teeth on August 28, 2011, 02:28:56 PM"This shit is like Shia LeBeouf in song form"

I will definitely be looking for an opportunity to use this.

72teeth

The whole thing is gold, somebody at Adult Swim, or UCB, or Funny or Die needs to realize this.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

squints

It really is great, just wish it were the real ghostface!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reel

aw man, it isn't? Can we just go back and pretend that it is? Whoever that guy is, his critiques are spot on.. I just thought I was actually getting a peak into the mind of the god, nahmean son? It'd be awesome if he really didn't give a fuck like that.

This verifies it:

Wiz Khalifa Mistakingly Disses Ghostface Killah; GFK Responds

Looks like Wiz Khalifa just made a rookie mistake when he dissed Ghostface Killah based on false information. The rapper went on controversial talk show hosts Star & Buck Wild's morning show on 100.3 The Beat In Philly to talk music, the album, and his single "Roll Up". Star, who's known for bringing the drama, then asked Wiz about Ghost's allegedly negative comments towards the rapper's debut single "Roll Up."

The on-air DJ claimed Ghostface said "This Roll Up ish kinda soft. By that mean you could probably rock a crying baby to sleep with this ish. Guys could grow breasts listening to it." Wiz, making the mistake of not verifying the comment, went in on the legendary rapper by calling Ghost "corny" and claiming that "he played himself".

Ghostface then took to Twitter (@GhostfaceKillah) merely minutes ago to clear up the drama. He tweeted "Ayo i wanna address this bullshit going on, this website called bigghostnahmean is a fake website which i have no affiliation with or did i say anthing negative about any of them artists up on that page, got respect for all the young cats coming up doin they thing." About a minute or  two later he directed a tweet toward Wiz by writing "tell the kid Wiz, its all love i respect him as a artist and got no issues wit him at all, Once again the website is fake, its not ya boy!"

Respect to Ghost for not letting things escalate to a nonsensical battle of the hip-hop eras. Nicki & Kim, take notes.

Vibe.com

Too funny...
http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee