Steven Segal commercial

Started by MacGuffin, April 10, 2004, 11:41:00 PM

Ravi

Sorry, Steven, we've been making fun of your weight gain for years.  It's too late to make fun of your "tough guy" image now.

pete

I never understood why steven seagal needed martial arts--he's like 6'6" and fat as shit, he can just walk into people and they'll die.  And he's always using that shit on the easiest targest too--old dudes and teenagers.  not fair.  I've never seen him going against anyone his size or age or anyone else who knew martial arts in his films.
but for some reason, I always wanted to check out his new films, just to see if maybe he's learned something.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

A World Apart

Quote from: peteI never understood why steven seagal needed martial arts--he's like 6'6" and fat as shit, he can just walk into people and they'll die.
HAHAHAHAHA. Nice.
Quote from: peteAnd he's always using that shit on the easiest targest too--old dudes and teenagers.  not fair.  I've never seen him going against anyone his size or age or anyone else who knew martial arts in his films.

He uses his "amazing" martial arts on foes that are definitely not his match for a reason. Have you ever seen him kick his leg higher than his knee, or ankle for that matter? His leg's range of mobility is rather limited I'd say, but he can sure punch all the live long day, can't he. If he actually went against anyone who had any martial art talent whatsoever...he would be destroyed, and he knows this and so perhaps not going against people like that in movies makes it more..umm...realistic?. I'd like to see him actually in a movie where he moves faster than a sloth for once.
No, I've never seen that, I've never seen anyone drive their garbage out to the curb and bang the hell out of it with a stick.

MacGuffin

Prod'n company sues actor Seagal

Actor Steven Seagal has been sued for $14 million for allegedly delaying production on two movies. Seagal allegedly showed up late and left early while shooting "Today You Die" and "Mercenary," routinely rewrote and changed scripts on the set, and brought an entourage that interfered with film crews, according to the Superior Court suit filed Monday. The lawsuit was filed by production company Kill Master Productions and its sales agent, Nu Image.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks