Kill Bill: Volume One On DVD April 13th

Started by modage, November 13, 2003, 10:49:06 PM

Alethia

you may be waiting quite a while - or maybe even forever, according to mr. bender

MacGuffin

DVD Answers reports:

Miramax have now provided us with the exclusive first details on Kill Bill: Volume One which is directed by movie legend Quentin Tarantino and stars the lovely Uma Thurman. The disc will indeed arrive on the 13th April as we had originally reported, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $29.99. I'm afraid the official press release we have received is a little vague in regard to the extra material. From what I can see, the only extra feature included will be a behind the scenes program hosted with director and writer Quentin Tarantino. Hopefully more features will be announced shortly! Here are the official disc specs that we have so far, and we'll bring you the artwork as soon as it becomes available to us:  

2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
English DTS 5.1 Surround Track
French Language Track
Behind the Scenes Program with Quentin Tarantino
English, Spanish Subtitles
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

wow, what a great Special Edition QT! i'm really glad we're waiting two more months for a bare bones edition, so you can rape us down the line with a souped up version (even though your producer, IE: the one watching all the money, insists that there is no special edition down the line!)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Finn

What a disappointment. We already had to wait for PDL to come out on DVD for so long, and now we're doing it again.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

is anyone else super-pissed off?      first the Adaptation:SE  thing and now this.  nice way to start the year.  
i tell ya right now that if Quentin starts making habitual shit like all this  (let's say that Inglorious Bastards also gets cut in two)    hell will be unleashed :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:  ARGGGG
context, context, context.

analogzombie

don't worry guys, the bare bones discs will come out then in 5 years there will be special HD-DVD editions ala Jackie Brown. Just hold your horses and get those pre-orders ready for 2009!!! Oh what a year that'll be for HD-DVD releases!!!  :lol:
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

ono

I think I don't care.  I'm not really looking forward to that or anything.  In recent days, my admiration of Tarantino has gone down a bit, and when coupled with other things, this news doesn't phase me.  It's a minor annoyance, but I don't crave the film, so m'eh, whatever.  You can, I can, say he's sold out.  Sour grapes.  I don't know.  I just wish Quentin would stop trying to be such a star, stop trying to make money (I mean, the guy's set for life), and just make films because he loves films.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin
Behind the Scenes Program with Quentin Tarantino

...isn't that just the always  cheesy EPK....?

and i will buy this.....then later i will buy the special editon/limited edition/collectors edition/platinum edition/...then even later i will buy the box set with vol.II included.......

Pedro

Alethia

i don't care what's included on the dvd, i just want the fuckin movie

©brad

Quote from: ewardi don't care what's included on the dvd, i just want the fuckin movie

thank you.

ppl freak out over extras too much. i was looking at all my dvds, and i realized that i never even really watch the extras on them.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'll pick up Kill Bill Vol.1 asap.

Same goes for Vol. 2.

Same goes for the 2-pack.

Because sometimes, you just fucking need to have a really great movie.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alethia

j_scott_stroup04

I usually don't care TOO much about features, but it's just that the other loaded dvd's of QT's films are just so damn cool.  They are by far the best DVD's I own, as far as features go.  99% of the things on each dvd are worth watching.  Most dvd's, it's around the 70th percentile.
"The sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"- Rolling Stones

"When I am King you will be first against the wall!"- Radiohead

Quote from: j_scott_stroup04Most dvd's, it's around the 70th percentile.

you mean 62nd percentile?

context, context, context.