Top 10 UNDERRATED movies EVER!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, September 03, 2003, 02:56:39 AM

Banky

i respect a well thought out post.  I just felt on the previous page everyone was trying to out do eachother on how much they hated it.  I dont agree with some of your comments on AF.  He uses the cut to comedy in every movie.

tpfkabi

just watched Gattaca........why isn't this film talked about more? beautiful cinematography......great tone

i agree also with:
Human Nature

A.I. (the third act was written by Kubrick, not tacked on by Spielberg........i figured the ice was where Kubrick would have ended it, but alas it was not and is not and shall be not, not)

is Willy Wonka underrated? if so, i'll add that.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideasjust watched Gattaca........why isn't this film talked about more? beautiful cinematography......great tone.

I'll even add Andrew Niccol's "S1mone". I don't know if it's a guilty pleasure or underrated since it's never talked about either, but I really like that film too.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

freakerdude

Trapped In Paradise
The Animal
Little Nicky

seriously speaking, I'd say:
The Professional (aka Leon)

and I'll add:
Boondock Saints
Miami Blues
MC Pee Pants

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

AK

Bringing out the dead
Jackie Brown
Fear and Loathing in LV
Punch Drunk Love
PI

wish more (and more)ppl had watched, understood and liked them.

pookiethecat

coyote ugly

jude

titus  (i know it's already been said, but i'll re-state it)

deep blue sea

jesus christ superstar (1973)

kissing jessica stein
i wanna lick 'em.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: AK

how do you know people didnt understand it -- maybe they just didnt like it.
...your excuses are your own...

pookiethecat

Quote from: cowboykurtis

i don't think ak's point was to condescend.
i wanna lick 'em.

AK

based on ppl i talk to:

Bringing out the dead - didnt like it
Jackie Brown didnt watched it
Fear and Loathing in LV didnt like it
Punch Drunk Love didnt watched , understand and like it
PI -didnt  liked and understand it

so, just PI and PDL were about understand+like....and I heard and read  clearly the sentences: "I hate it because i didnt get it"

Quotei don't think ak's point was to condescend.

when I appreciate something, I wanna show to  others....and it sads me when they HATE...dont aks for condescendence on this...

Alethia

based on ppl i talk to:

Bringing out the dead - didnt like it
Jackie Brown didnt watched it
Fear and Loathing in LV didnt like it
Punch Drunk Love didnt watched , understand and like it
PI -didnt  liked and understand it

so, just PI and PDL were about understand+like....and I heard and read  clearly the sentences: "I hate it because i didnt get it"

Quotei don't think ak's point was to condescend.

when I appreciate something, I wanna show to  others....and it sads me when they HATE...dont aks for condescendence on this...

i really didnt like fear and loathing in las vegas.  i didnt really like PI either, though, i really think i should give it another chance.  i had a very bad headache when i saw it, and i think that might be why i didnt like it.

pookiethecat

Quote from: ewardi didnt really like PI either.

me neither.  i think aronofosky is wildly overrated.  his films create a disturbing, depraved mood but they don't actually say anything original.  i thought requiem for a dream was powerful but it didn't really challenge my thoughts on drugs or drug use or present interesting characters that i could genuinely care about.  Pi had a few very effective scenes but again, it seemed more an exercise in mood and style than story and characters.
i wanna lick 'em.

AK

Quote from: eward

i really didnt like fear and loathing in las vegas.  i didnt really like PI either, though, i really think i should give it another chance.  i had a very bad headache when i saw it, and i think that might be why i didnt like it.

Blah, whatever....it passed one at morning and i'm tired (what turns me a little tolerant)

PI gaves em headaches too,but i guess that s what Aronofsky wanted.

Alethia

PI gaves em headaches too,but i guess that s what Aronofsky wanted.

thats why im reconsidering it.  i didnt enjoy watching it, but the more i think about it, the more i admire it.  ill make sure the conditions are a-ok before i pop it in again.  fear and loathing just annoys me though.

Sanjuro

"When you see your own photo, do you say you're a fiction?"