What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

jtm

Quote from: NEON MERCURYby the way what does that word mean which i bolded?

i believe it means "to convert" but i could be wrong.

Ravi

Proselytizing- The act or practice of engaging in sex acts for hire.

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinCruise "Tried To Convert Johansson"

Scarlett Johansson pulled out of appearing in the second Mission: Impossible sequel after Tom Cruise tried to convert her to scientology, according to reports. Cruise, who produces the action adventures, met with Johansson ahead of casting for the upcoming Mission: Impossible 3 and took her to one of the controversial religion's headquarters, claims Radarmagazine.Com. A source tells the website, "After two hours of proselytizing, Cruise opened a door to reveal a second room full of upper-level Scientologists who had been waiting to dine with the pair, at which point the cool-headed ingénue politely excused herself." Officially Johansson quit the film because of scheduling conflicts after the film was delayed so Cruise could make War Of The Worlds.

This sounds like a scene out of "Eyes Wide Shut."

Tom Cruise is officially experiencing a mid-life crisis. He's already dating a younger woman.

Gamblour.

Reasons why Tom is stupid:
-thinks scientology cured him of dyslexia
-demonizes psychiatry
-did anyone just read that Johansson story? if he's not stupid, he's an asshole.
WWPTAD?

Finn

Wooow I'm starting to think he totally deserved that water squirt
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Sigur Rós

Kal

Its awsome how the guy is going from Hottest Man Alive to Biggest Hollywood Freak... thats not easy

Gamblour.

Just ask Michael Jackson. Women would pass out at his feet in the 80s. From there, make whatever joke you'd like.
WWPTAD?

Kal

Yeah I was gonna compare him to MJ... but the difference also is that MJ not only lost his mind... but he also became a freak with his operations and the way he started dressing and stuff

Tom Cruise still looks normal and probably anyone who doesnt pay attention to gossip and newspapers is still crazy about the guy... but he is nuts.

I just remembered the funnies thing on Conan last night. He was saying that there was some guy selling a piece of toast on eBay with Michael Jackson's face on it. The only piece of toast that was black went it went into the toaster, and came out white. I thought it was hilarious!

MacGuffin

Cruise Clashes With Lauer on 'Today' Show

Tom Cruise criticized NBC "Today" show host Matt Lauer on Friday when Lauer mentioned Cruise's earlier criticism of Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants. Cruise told Lauer he didn't know what he was talking about. "You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do," Cruise said.

The interview became more heated when Lauer, who said he knew people who had been helped by the attention-deficit disorder drug Ritalin, asked Cruise about the effects of the drug.

"Matt, Matt, you don't even you're glib," Cruise responded. "You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, OK. That's what I've done."

When asked if he could be with someone at this stage in his life who doesn't have an interest in the Church of Scientology girlfriend Katie Holmes has said she's embracing the religion Cruise told Lauer: "Scientology is something that you don't understand. It's like you could be a Christian and be a Scientologist."

"It is a religion. Because it's dealing with the spirit. You as a spiritual being. It gives you tools you can use to apply to your life."

Cruise, 42, and Holmes, 26, went public with their romance in April, smooching and posing for photographers in Rome. They recently became engaged.

Many have doubted the romance. The words "publicity stunt" have rained down on the couple like an alien invasion as Cruise has been busy promoting his new film, "War of the Worlds," directed by Steven Spielberg, which opens on June 29.

"You know what? There's always cynics. There always has been. There always will be," said Cruise, who hasn't been shy about displaying his affection for "Batman Begins" actress Holmes. "I have never worried ... about what other people think and what other people say."

"I have to tell you. It's just a great time in my life," Cruise said. "I'm really happy. And, you know, I'm engaged. I'm going to be married. I can't restrain myself."

The actor, whose marriages to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman ended in divorce, declined to say what Holmes has brought to his life that wasn't there in the past.

"I don't want to compare things," Cruise said. "It's that thing where you just in life when it just happens. ... You meet someone. And it's I can't even describe it."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I'm starting to like this new Cruise... he is out of his mind... I think they will stop inviting him to any shows cause he is insane

Or maybe they'll invite him even more cause people want to see what crazy shit he'll say next

Find Your Magali

I was waiting for him to tell Matt Lauer: "I'm silently judging you."

Myxo

Quote from: Find Your MagaliI was waiting for him to tell Matt Lauer: "I'm silently judging you."
haha.. awesome.. that made my day.. :)

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Brazoliange

clearing MaxX Unlimited in DDR made my day already, sorry :(

is anyone else seeing this interview looking a LOT like an attack on Tom? those are pretty fuckin' nasty questions/accusations
Long live the New Flesh