What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinSpielberg no Cruise fan: After the mighty wave of Tomkat threatened to drown publicity for "War of the Worlds," you can hardly blame Steven Spielberg if he needs a little space from Tom Cruise. But there may be more to it than just the celebrity gossip angle. As the New York Post writes, "the director is still steamed at Cruise for ranting, during what were supposed to be promotional appearances for the Martian-invasion film, against the widespread use of Ritalin to treat unruly children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder." Cruise has been down-talking a lot of drugs lately, from Ritalin to antidepressants. "Steven and his wife [Kate Capshaw] have five children themselves and know some children for whom Ritalin does a lot of good. They took exception to what Tom said about the drug." Another source tells the Post, "They will not be working together again and Steven will never call him his friend."
that sounds like imdb gossip. who knows how reliable it is.  it seems pretty funny though if its true.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: MacGuffin"They will not be working together again and Steven will never call him his friend."

Wauv, imagine being called friend by Steven Spielberg.

Alethia

imagine hearing spielberg say he will never call you friend!

MacGuffin

Internet Hoax Snares Cruise

Apparently, if you jump on a couch in a frenzied enough manner on national television, people will start to believe just about anything about you.

Tom Cruise was the victim of a recent Internet scam in the form of a fake press release posted on the British Website Pressbox.co.uk that claimed the actor would be giving a series of lectures on metal health issues.

The release, purportedly issued by the actor's lawyer, Bertram Fields, claimed that Cruise would be bellying up to a podium at Los Angeles' Scientology Celebrity Center to discuss topics such as "How Psychiatry Invented Schizophrenia, and What Scientologists Can Do About It" and "Handling Sexual Dis-Orientation: Out of the Closet and into the Auditing Room."

Cruise has been outspoken about his opinion of psychiatry in the past, calling it a "pseudoscience," criticizing Brooke Shields for her decision to use antidepressants following the birth of her daughter and engaging in a heated debate with Matt Lauer about the use of mind-altering drugs.

However, according to Fields, the release regarding the actor's planned lecture series was a hoax from beginning to end.

"It's totally phony. I never issued that release. Tom is not giving any lectures," the notoriously sue-happy lawyer told Radar Online.

Fields indicated he planned to pursue legal action against the masterminds behind the release.

"I'm going to look into it, because, in my view, it's forgery, wire fraud, and apparently committed on an interstate basis," Fields told Radar. "So if I can find out who did this, I certainly intend to pursue every remedy I can find."

The lawyer also indicated that he was surprised anyone had believed the release was real.

"It's way off base, and of course you could tell from looking at the names of the supposed lectures that it's nothing that comes from Tom. You know, " 'Out of the Closet and into the Auditing Room' is not something Tom is going to put as the name of a lecture," Fields said.

"He's not, in fact, giving any lectures. If he did I would sell tickets."

While Cruise may be through speaking out about his views on pseudoscience, er, psychiatry (at least for now), his ex-wife Nicole Kidman seems to be just getting started.

The actress portrays a psychiatrist in her upcoming film The Visiting and said that she has had no trouble preparing for the role.

"I have a father who is a psychologist, so my life has been research," the Oscar winner told the Associated Press.

Kidman went on to say that she considers psychiatry and psychology worthwhile professions that can help people.

"I think all sorts of things do [help], in terms of Buddhism, in terms of therapy," Kidman said. "I think people choose things that they need that are going to help them. And obviously, I've seen my father do some magnificent work."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

If someone's already , I'm sorry for double dipping - but I'm sure you'll forgive me, because watching it again will only do you good.

modage

if this is a hoax, they're taking it pretty far!

Tom & Katie Expecting a Baby

Source: People Magazine / Wednesday Oct 05, 2005 3:30pm EST

Tom Cruise's fiancée, Katie Holmes, is pregnant with the couple's child, Cruise's spokesperson, Lee Anne DeVette, tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"Tom and Katie are very excited, and the entire family is very excited," says DeVette.

Cruise, who has two children, Connor, 10, and Isabella, 12, with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, began dating Holmes in mid-April. He proposed to her atop the Eiffel Tower in Paris in June. DeVette says there is no wedding date set.

DeVette would not comment on the baby's gender or say how far along the pregnancy is. The rep did say that Holmes, 26, "has never felt better."

Cruise, 43, is currently shooting Mission: Impossible 3 in Los Angeles.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Does Scientology have an equivalent to the Antichrist?

Just wondering.

No reason.

:yabbse-lipsrsealed:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

Pubrick

Quote from: polkabluesDoes Scientology have an equivalent to the Antichrist?
under the paving stones.

Fernando

cine

Ravi

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

under the paving stones.