What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Quote from: Find Your MagaliI was waiting for him to tell Matt Lauer: "I'm silently judging you."
haha.. awesome.. that made my day.. :)
too bad it was misquoted.. and already been done.
under the paving stones.

Thrindle

Quote from: matt35mmHis behavior is only strange relative to everyone else in the world--but he's one of the few people who dares to just be himself and not give a damn what others think of him.  He's an individual, to be sure.
I've been working 60 hours a week (literally) so here's my late reply.

He stayed on top for so long because he had a carefully conformed image.  never kid yourself.  Doesn't care what other people think... righto buddy.
Classic.

Brazoliange

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Hollywood star Tom Cruise has decided to drop his complaints against four pranksters who squirted him with water at Sunday's British premiere of "War of The Worlds".

But Scotland Yard said Cruise's decision not to pursue the matter against the men who were filming a comedy sketch, did not necessarily mean they would not face assault charges.

"We will take into account the victim's views, but as of today the four men are still on police bail and are due to report back to police on July 4," a police spokesman said.

Cruise, 42, was on a red-carpet walkabout prior to the screening of the latest adaptation of the H.G. Wells classic in London's Leicester Square on Sunday when a bogus journalist stuck a joke microphone in front of him.

As Cruise started to talk, he was squirted with water from the microphone prompting the star to lose his cool.

"I'm here giving you an interview, answering your questions and you do something really nasty ... you're a jerk ... jerk ... you're a jerk," the actor told the prankster.

Cruise said it was "disgusting" that someone should act in such a way.

"I really work hard to make people feel good," he said as he toweled himself dry.
Long live the New Flesh

matt35mm

Quote from: Thrindle
Quote from: matt35mmHis behavior is only strange relative to everyone else in the world--but he's one of the few people who dares to just be himself and not give a damn what others think of him.  He's an individual, to be sure.
I've been working 60 hours a week (literally) so here's my late reply.

He stayed on top for so long because he had a carefully conformed image.  never kid yourself.  Doesn't care what other people think... righto buddy.
How could be possibly care what people think?  Have you SEEN his recent behavior?  He knows that most people would rather him tone it down, but he doesn't seem to care.  He's said he doesn't give a damn, and I think that's what his behavior shows.  Unless he wants to project the image of a man who doesn't give a damn... in which case I don't understand the motivation behind that, when it ultimately makes him less popular.

Pubrick

Quote from: matt35mmHow could be possibly care what people think?  Have you SEEN his recent behavior?  He knows that most people would rather him tone it down, but he doesn't seem to care.  He's said he doesn't give a damn, and I think that's what his behavior shows.  Unless he wants to project the image of a man who doesn't give a damn... in which case I don't understand the motivation behind that, when it ultimately makes him less popular.
dude, ur giving him way too much credit.

it's one thing to be in love, say, when ur a teenager, where behaving like a crazy person (sporadically wrestling with oprah qualifies) is normal. but [to recap] the dude is 42, he's supposedly been 'in love' before, at least 3 times that we know of; has kept his cool for two decades, living a relatively private love life; and he DOES care what ppl think cos he's sued ppl for calling him gay. writing him off as "oh he's just in love" is being completely oblivious to the reality of the situation.

he thinks he's acting smooth. that's the disturbing part.
under the paving stones.

Ultrahip

i happen to think that cruise has way too much confidence in the public he's worked so hard to please. he has controlled his image immaculately up until now and is aware of that, and i think he thought that after all the good will that he and others have been able to build up around his persona, he could get away with a bit of honesty, however out of the ordinary that honesty might be, and thanks to that he has been shown a much darker side of his loving public. he assumed they would be good and understanding, and was sorely mistaken.

after all this stuff dies down, he should get revenge on everyone by only appearing in PTA pictures.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

cine

if somebody could photoshop a blade in cruise's right hand and change lauer's pen to one also.. they'd look like they're about to have a SWEET knife fight.

Ghostboy

Fastest Photoshop reply ever:

On a related subject: that transcript reads just like a few pages from a PTA script. The man sure knows how to write realistic flummoxed dialogue.

Stefen

I didn't know they fought greaser style. Weird.

That's too real, you need to make it more comedic, cause that is too real. Damn man, you are good at it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Ravi

Wouldn't it be great if all this stuff Tom Cruise has been doing lately is part of a big Andy Kaufman-esque joke on the public?