What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

Stefen

Thats the thing man, he's fake. He acts like he cares but he doesn't act on it. He's Tom Cruise, he has more money than god, yet all he does is make movies and beg for publicity. If he cares so much why isn't he out helping other people, if he's as good as he says he is, he should be doing that. Granted, noone would ever dedicate all their time to helping others, but not everyone pretends to care about others so much like Tom Cruise does. He's got you right where he wants you.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

He reacted the way he did because he's Tom Cruise!

Tom can't just let a guy squirt water in his face during an interview. He's a movie star!

picolas

Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?If he cares so much why isn't he out helping other people, if he's as good as he says he is, he should be doing that.
what're you talking about? when did he say nice things about himself?

also, he keeps trying to help people by lashing out against psychiatry.

Stefen

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?If he cares so much why isn't he out helping other people, if he's as good as he says he is, he should be doing that.
what're you talking about? when did he say nice things about himself?

also, he keeps trying to help people by lashing out against psychiatry.

When Hedwig quotes Cruise as saying, "I care, I care about you, you and you" while he's promoting a movie, it seems a little suspect. Shouldn't he be out helping people as oppose to saying he cares about them in an interview while promoting a movie that's supposed to make it "Tom Cruises" summer. Maybe he does care, but only when he has a big time movie to promote. I'd care too then, if I was fake like him. What does he care about the other 10 months out of the year he's not promoting a movie? Wiping old peoples asses? Helping a single mother carry her groceries to her ride?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jtm

the only reason Tom Cruise is getting all this strange publicity is because he got rid of his old publicist and hired his sister.... it's obvious they got together and decided to create a new public persona to make him appear to be an "all around, down to earth guy"....  and then it backfired and now we all get a good laugh.

deathnotronic

They were talking about this on Mitch Albom today and they were making Tom out to be this terribly bad guy for getting mad at the dude.

You really have to consider the circumstances and the stresses that were involved. It was the fucking War or the Worlds movie premiere. I can only imagine how stressed out he was and not in the mood to put up with peoples bullshit.

Albom was also saying that Tom Cruise thinks he's a larger than life star and he talks down to people. The only evidence he provided was this clip of Tom saying, "I granted you this interview and this is what you do?" or something of that nature. They were tearing into him saying how he thinks he's a god because of his celebrity status and I thought it was a ludicrous claim. After interviewing 30+ fairly big bands you realize that it really is a privelidge to receive interviews and that they really don't have to take time of out of their day to sit down with you.

I don't know, I side with Tom. I would've done the same thing plus a few right hooks and left spars.

picolas

Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?When Hedwig quotes Cruise as saying, "I care, I care about you, you and you" while he's promoting a movie, it seems a little suspect. Shouldn't he be out helping people as oppose to saying he cares about them in an interview while promoting a movie that's supposed to make it "Tom Cruises" summer.
i think he said that in the et special where he was trying to help people by telling them not to go to psychiatrists.

hedwig

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?When Hedwig quotes Cruise as saying, "I care, I care about you, you and you" while he's promoting a movie, it seems a little suspect. Shouldn't he be out helping people as oppose to saying he cares about them in an interview while promoting a movie that's supposed to make it "Tom Cruises" summer.
i think he said that in the et special where he was trying to help people by telling them not to go to psychiatrists.

yeah, that's where i saw it.

Pubrick

i am embarrassed for him. he was the greatest and now he's starting to be a joke. i first realised sumthing was wrong when he had a laughing fit the last time he was on letterman. there was not one person in the studio or at home watching it that didn't feel awkward. still, he was no John Goodman.

basically the dude is making too many mistakes after spending so long on top, it's kind of sad.
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: Pubricki am embarrassed for him. he was the greatest and now he's starting to be a joke. i first realised sumthing was wrong when he had a laughing fit the last time he was on letterman. there was not one person in the studio or at home watching it that didn't feel awkward. still, he was no John Goodman.

basically the dude is making too many mistakes after spending so long on top, it's kind of sad.
i agree with all of this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: mogwai

it looks like something else.

hahaha. .. it looks like michael clark duncan gave him a facial....

i gotta admit we here at xixax were to first to notice this guys insanity...i think the guy sa good "movie star" but hes kind of wacko.  but i guess if i beleived in aliens and all of that scientology mess, were-in however much money i have ,i can reach salvation then i would be fucked up too.  and peopel want to diss on Christianity :yabbse-rolleyes: .......

maybe he's going through a mid life crisis or some shit like that.  one of his biggest mistakes was leaving nicole kidman IMO....shes hot, smart , cool,   incredible talent, tall, [could use a tan], she's got nice tits and a neat pussy-we've all seen it.  plus she put up w/ his scientology stuff.  after he ditched her he went to peneolpe cruz -who's hot too. bu thas a fucked up nose.  but she didnt like that scientology junk.  so, she said 'peace" to him.  and that leaves you to katie homes.  serioulsy shes cheesy and has a fuckeed up mouth/lip.  like gamblor pointed out.  the only thing i can think about her mouth is that it would be neat to receive a blowjob from her.  b/c of her slanted lips.   and shes all like "OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! MY HERO , MR FLIGHTER PILOT FROM TOP GUN LOOOOOOOOVVVES ME!!!! OH HES SO SEXY!!!!!!!!!OH MY GIZ-OSH!!!!!!!IT'S ALL HAPPENING.  ALL THOSE YEARS FINGERING MYSELF AND FANTASIZING TO TEEN BEAT MAGAZINE HAS PAID OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!"

.....one of the reasons why tom probobley likes her is b/c she dont care about scientology also.  sh'es just like "oh well, as long is tommy loves me i can believe in aliens too"....

plus, tom needs to be able to take soem shit from : the media and us.  hes been on top for too long.

all.
things..
fall..
apart.......................................

lastly, that stupuid shit he said too brook shields about not takign medicationb too help ease post -partom deprerssion.  what the fuck man????  he needs to get out of her business.  if i was a dyke i would be really pissed about that shit.  if people need medication to help out-so be it.  cruise has no right to diss on people who take medication.  i take medication and use to go to shrinks [which may fianlly explain some things to the xixaxians] .....i am glad i do take that shit.....who knows....i could end up like cruise and go insane if i didnt' take medication.........................

Fernando

Just an example found at the imdb trivia of WofW.

QuoteTrivia: While filming nearby, Tom Cruise along with a 20 member entourage including Steven Spielberg visited a Lexington, Virginia, Dairy Queen. Cruise saw a jar on the counter with a photo of Ashley Flint and her story. Flint was in a go-cart accident a few months earlier, leaving her family with a mountain of hospital bills. Cruise put $5000 cash into the jar.

Pubrick

QuoteWhat the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise NEON?
Quote from: CinephileNeon:
under the paving stones.

hedwig

Quote from: Fernando

Just an example found at the imdb trivia of WofW.

QuoteTrivia: While filming nearby, Tom Cruise along with a 20 member entourage including Steven Spielberg visited a Lexington, Virginia, Dairy Queen. Cruise saw a jar on the counter with a photo of Ashley Flint and her story. Flint was in a go-cart accident a few months earlier, leaving her family with a mountain of hospital bills. Cruise put $5000 cash into the jar.

yeah he seems like a good guy. he just needs to lighten up a little. suing the squirter is pretty dumb - he should just be like, "Hey, sorry I freaked out at your lame-ass prank, but it's all in fun," and get on with his acting career, 'casue damn it, he's a great actor.

Myxo

Quote from: Pubricki am embarrassed for him. he was the greatest and now he's starting to be a joke. i first realised sumthing was wrong when he had a laughing fit the last time he was on letterman. there was not one person in the studio or at home watching it that didn't feel awkward. still, he was no John Goodman.

Oh god. Did you see the outtakes for Oprah where he had a laughing fit for Katie Holmes?

That was the worst. Fucking aweful.