What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

Pubrick

QuoteThey could face assault charges.
get it?
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Nobody does that to Tom Cruise and expect to walk away laughing... no seƱor

mogwai

Myxo

You're a jerk!

..and a lighter note if you watch the Tampa news covering the incident, the anchorman says "It's hard to feel sorry for a guy who gets paid 20 million per picture."

I'm surprised but glad that Tom didn't kick his ass. Coulda been poison for all he knew.

jtm

Finn

wooow that was hilarious! I thought Tom Cruise was gonna kill him right there. Instead he just kept repeating "why would you do that???"
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Gamblour.

Quote from: Stefen Posts Ghetto?He's becoming a joke right before our very own eyes.
Becoming?

What if the rest of Tom Cruise's career was plagued with childish practical jokes? That would be hilarious, just over and over, water to the face. At the Oscars when he dies, they can just do a gag reel of face hits. I hope he and Jenna Jameson die in the same year, so we'll have two hilarious gag reels.
WWPTAD?

The Perineum Falcon

Oh, come one guys, am I the only one who feels a little sorry for him?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Stefen

Quote from: ranemaka13Oh, come one guys, am I the only one who feels a little sorry for him?

Dude, he brings it upon himself with his prep school arrogance. The dude is so fake it's funny. Normally I would feel sorry for these things happening to someone, but I just can't feel sorry for Tom Frickin Cruise.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

Quote from: ranemaka13Oh, come one guys, am I the only one who feels a little sorry for him?

no.

jtm

sorry for him? the dudes got 100's of millions of dollars, a killer resume and can get just about any girl (or guy) he wants.... no sympathy here.

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Jay Tee Emsorry for him? the dudes got 100's of millions of dollars, a killer resume and can get just about any girl (or guy) he wants.... no sympathy here.
I'm quietly judging you. :ponder:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

hedwig

well, i still feel kinda bad for him in that whole water-gun thing.

but after thinking about, i realized i feel bad for him NOT because some dude squirted him in the face -- but because i'm embarassed for him 'cause he reacted the way he did. he shoulda just laughed. for real.

he's such a dramatic man! i saw this interview with him the other night on tv where he gets so INTO it when he's talking about his whole scientology thing -- he's like, "I'm doing this because I care. I CARE. I CARE ABOUT YOU -" he points to the camera operators, "AND YOU, AND YOU! All of you!" ...i like tom cruise.