Author Topic: Gus Van Sant  (Read 18766 times)

Drenk

• The Return Threshold
  • Respect: +564
Re: Gus Van Sant
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2018, 04:48:21 PM »
First Look: Joaquin Phoenix In Gus Van Sant’s ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’
via The Playlist

Starring Joaquin Phoenix, Jonah Hill, Rooney Mara, and Jack Black, the film tells the true story of John Callahan, who was paralyzed at the age of 21, and turned to cartooning, eventually winning acclaim (and some controversy) for his work that appeared in the New Yorker, Playboy, and Penthouse. Here’s the official synopsis:

John Callahan has a talent for off-color jokes…and a drinking problem. When a bender ends in a car accident, Callahan wakes permanently confined to a wheelchair. In his journey back from rock bottom, Callahan finds beauty and comedy in the absurdity of human experience.

The Sundance Film Festival runs from January 18-28.

I saw it. It's a basic biopic. It gets kind of better toward the last half, but it is everything you expect it to be. The expectations are low. There is one scene which is absolutely ridiculous—I can't believe they made it, and I'm not sure it was supposed to be ironic...? Joaquin Phoenix is good. As usual. Jonah Hill is absolutely fantastic in this movie. The scenes they share together are the best, you kind of forget the whole thing, and you're with them.

I'm fond of the last shot.
I'm so many people.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy