Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

MacGuffin

Exclusive: Madsen lets slip Inglorious Bastards casting
Source: Filmfocus.co.uk

Always one of the nicest men to run into, we caught up with Michael Madsen this evening at the premiere of Sin City in London (full report soon) and he gave us a bit of a status update on his next Tarantino collaboration, Inglorious Bastards.

Back in March we exclusively broke the news that the film would be in two parts, thanks to Michael, and now he's read the script he was able to tell us a little more about the project.

"Quentin's written it now," he told FilmFocus, "but we've not started shooting yet. I've read it and you know the Dirty Dozen? It's a bit like that."

But while Madsen was remaining tight-lipped on his role in the film, he did drop a few casting hints. Adam Sandler and Bo Svenson have been attached to the film at various points, and while Svenson wasn't on the list Madsen gave us, a couple of other interesting names are. "It's going to be myself and Tim Roth," Madsen told us most assuredly, "Adam Sandler and Eddie Murphy are in it too."

Roth has, of course, worked with Tarantino before on Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, but Sandler and Murphy will both be new additions to Tarantino acting circle and, as with all things Quentin, they seem to be inspired choices.

So there you have it - we've heard all manner of names attached to the project, or projects if you think of it in its two-volume entirety, which Madsen told us is definitely going before the cameras later in the year. That is, provided dear ol' Quentin doesn't get distracted in the mean time.

Talking to us back in March, Madsen said of working with Tarantino, "when you work with the guy, you come off the set at the end of the day and you know you're going to come out with something worthwhile and something worth looking at. You know you're not going to have some piece of shit that you're not going to be able to live with."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinTalking to us back in March, Madsen said of working with Tarantino, "when you work with the guy, you come off the set at the end of the day and you know you're going to come out with something worthwhile and something worth looking at. You know you're not going to have some piece of shit that you're not going to be able to live with."
pointedly, the article makes no mention of kill bill..
under the paving stones.

modage

haha, seriously.  this had better not be 2 volumes.  i dont care if its one 4 1/2 hour movie, but i'll be goddamned if i'm paying twice to see it (once).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Myxo

Eddie Murphy in a QT film.

Hmm..

nix

eddie murphy and adam sandler in a qt ww2 epic?

Hmmm....
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Satcho9

If he gets Eddie Murphy to say "Fuck" again this would make me the happiest person ever...

Just stay away from the Red Leather Jumpsuits.

nix

I was at a party tonight and "raw" was on. I do miss that Eddie Murphy. Hope QT brings a bit of him back.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Ultrahip

Tarantino better have Murphy stuff a banana down a gunbarrel while in combat.

SiliasRuby

I haven't seen Murphy in any truley wonderful movie since trading places so this gives me hope.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Reinhold

Quote from: JaruebiFor NowDoes anyone else have any stylized vision for this film before we all actually see it and can look back and laugh at our predictions?

i imagine that it'll be brighter but not necessarily more lighthearted looking than band of brothers. reds more saturated.  

anyway, i see a few of them pinned down in some horribly unfortunate position.one person stands up bravely to kill all the motherfuckers shooting at them. the camera follows a bullet out of the german barrel and into whoever stood up. the violently red blood sprays across the solemn faces of the other guys. there's some smoke in the exit wound as the hit man falls back, dead.

i'm interested to see a movie that portrays a band of soldiers just trying to get through it... not glorifying them or trying to make a statement about the brotherhood about soldiers. i want to see some characters who aren't portrayed as noble or whatever, but instead actual inglorious bastards. i think that qt is the man to do this.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Reinhold Messneri'm interested to see a movie that portrays a band of soldiers just trying to get through it... not glorifying them or trying to make a statement about the brotherhood about soldiers. i want to see some characters who aren't portrayed as noble or whatever, but instead actual inglorious bastards.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

^

i'm sorry, but is that katie holmes on the third left?

Reinhold

i've never heard of that. usually, unless it's super mainstream, it's not advertised out here.

i'll request that the library buys it.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 07, 2005, 01:22:29 PM
Quote from: Reinhold Messneri'm interested to see a movie that portrays a band of soldiers just trying to get through it... not glorifying them or trying to make a statement about the brotherhood about soldiers. i want to see some characters who aren't portrayed as noble or whatever, but instead actual inglorious bastards.

The flick STILL never came out in widescreen, did it?

MacGuffin

Tim Roth Still Up For Quentin Tarantino's 'Inglorious' WWII Flick
Source: MTV

It's official: Quentin Tarantino's World War II opus, "Inglorious Bastards," has now taken longer than World War II itself. The movie, about a group of scoundrels given a suicide mission through Nazi-occupied France is reportedly a 600 page masterpiece. But just one would be enough for Tim Roth (that would be the title page), who for years has been rumored to star in the "Dirty Dozen" homage alongside Michael Madsen.

"I love [Quentin] to bits. If he ever does it of course I'd like to be in it. It's entirely up to him," Roth said. "It would be fun to be in a big Second World War movie. My dad was in that war."

Of course, it's the "if he ever does it" that's the rub. The motor-mouth maestro has been talking up the project since "Jackie Brown." In an interview with MTV News in 2005, he said it was his next project after "Grindhouse." Meanwhile, Roth's still waiting.

"It's a conversation we had a long time ago," he sighed.

Skeleton FilmWorks