Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: New Feeling on December 31, 2008, 04:39:12 PM
that is not such a good date.   :yabbse-undecided:
It'll be moved back.

just a Feeling.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Kal

Its a great summer date, but usually not for Tarantino. If it turns out very good and successful at Cannes I'm sure it will be pushed back to October for awards season.

modage

i think he's kinda moved beyond 'awards season' guy and into the realm of homage-fetish guy.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

B.J. Novak On 'Inglourious Basterds': 'One Of The Coolest Movies I've Ever Seen'
Published by MTV Movies Team

"It's one of the coolest movies I've ever seen or been a part of," said B.J. Novak of Quentin Tarantino's spellcheck-challenged WWII epic, "Inglourious Basterds." He plays Private First Class Utivich, who may just help him shed the instant identification of being Ryan from "The Office."

"It's a very cool, very stylish, intense, funny movie that takes place during World War II behind enemy lines in France," told Novak to MTV News' Josh Horowitz. "Brad Pitt leads a squadron of American soldiers. And that's the most normal part of the movie. It gets crazier from there. But for some reason, you're always completely invested. You're always completely by it. As soon as you see this reality, you feel it. You believe it. You're invested in it. It's just one of the coolest scripts I've ever read."

Of course, the script isn't that hard to come by for us internet nerds and "crazy" is sort of putting it lightly. The trick is going to be in seeing how Tarantino manages to pull it all together.

"You know," says Novak, "it all felt normal to me as I was doing it. But then when I described it to my friends when I got back home, their eyes just popped out of their heads. So I can't wait to see how people react to this movie. I really have no sense of it. Once you get into it, you love it. So I think that's how people will react to it. It is really excitingly different from what people are used to."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

private witt

I really, really hope this will mark Tarantino's return to good dialog.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Gold Trumpet

I wonder if Private Witt is the secret return of aclockworkjj.

Kal

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on January 30, 2009, 04:50:36 PM

jj is dead

private witt

Do you always talk about people in the third person?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: private witt on January 30, 2009, 07:01:13 PM

Do you always talk about people in the third person?

I think you got your definition of "in the third person" wrong.

private witt

Hey, there you go!  Was that so hard?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: private witt on January 31, 2009, 04:24:49 PM
Hey, there you go!  Was that so hard?

Talking in the third person means I am referring to myself as an outside subject when I address someone. I have been bland enough to begin a lot of my posts with "I" so that doesn't happen. The third person has nothing to do with saying the name of the person you are talking about. The only reason I didn't say your name in the direct reply just now is because I quoted your message. The time before I didn't so I can't assume people will know "you" or "your" is even about you even though it follows your message.

But really, why the fuck is this even a concern? 

private witt

Kal

GT I can't believe you actually had to explain that.

Back on the subject, I look forward to this and that article made me realize I'm not sure if I can see a Tarantino film with Ryan from the Office. Seriously, I'm still having issues with seeing Billy Walsh on 24. That bastard is ruining the season for me!

private witt

Promoting torture has ruined every season for me.

Stefen

Quote from: kal on January 31, 2009, 05:54:09 PM
Back on the subject, I look forward to this and that article made me realize I'm not sure if I can see a Tarantino film with Ryan from the Office. Seriously, I'm still having issues with seeing Billy Walsh on 24. That bastard is ruining the season for me!

The trick is to come to terms with the fact that they're actors.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.