Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

jtm

Quote from: modage on November 14, 2008, 05:51:12 PM
Quote from: jtm on November 09, 2008, 12:22:11 AM
all you people with no will power can now sleep safely tonight.

what do you mean, "you people"?

haha, good one!

and to clarify, i meant blacks and jews.

context, context, context.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

jtm

yeah, i think so.

i watched that whole clip and i didn't see anything about blacks or jews.

also, that comedian was seriously not funny.

Pozer

RegularKarate

Quote from: jtm on November 20, 2008, 12:21:01 AM
also, that comedian was seriously not funny.

If you call Louis C.K. that comedian, you probably don't know much about comedy in the first place, but you're also wrong about the second part (him not being funny).

jtm

well, i haven't had cable in about 2 years, and was never one for going out looking for the best stand-up comics of the day. if that means i don't know shit about comedy, than so be it. i guess i wasted the previous 28 years of my life watching stand-up. apparently it all led up to the great Louis C.K... you know best regular karate.

hedwig

jtm

maybe he is.

all i have to go on is the clip cron posted... didn't make me laugh.

pete

Quote from: Hedwig on November 21, 2008, 03:23:08 AM
RK right: CK hilarious.

that's the name of his latest tour.  it's about the overusage of the word "hilarious."  did anyone else catch him on the tour?
IT WAS AMAZING.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

theyarelegion

picolas

somehow these have renewed my faith in this.

the third one could've been a deleted scene from manderlay.

MacGuffin

Tarantino's Basterds Gets Its Date!
Source: ComingSoon

The Weinstein Company has announced that Quentin Tarantino's sixth movie Inglourious Basterds (the title is spelled as such by the studio and Tarantino), a WWII film starring Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger and Christoph Waltz, will be released on August 21, 2009.

Co-financed by The Weinstein Company with Univeral Pictures, the late summer release will put the movie up against New Line's Final Destination: Death Trip 3D and the comedy The Goods: The Don Ready Story.

Inglourious Basterds begins in German-occupied France, where Shosanna Dreyfus (Mélanie Laurent) witnesses the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa (Waltz). Shosanna narrowly escapes and flees to Paris, where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a cinema.

Elsewhere in Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Pitt) organizes a group of Jewish soldiers to engage in targeted acts of retribution. Known to their enemy as "The Basterds," Raine's squad joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget Von Hammersmark (Kruger) on a mission to take down the leaders of The Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquee, where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

New Feeling

that is not such a good date.   :yabbse-undecided: