Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

hedwig

Quote from: Ghostboy on October 17, 2008, 10:10:02 PM
I refuse to use the official spelling
i'm with you.

Quote from: Ghostboy on October 17, 2008, 10:10:02 PM
until I've been given a good enough reason to do so.
not gonna happen.

Fernando

what a :shock: !!

Jackson joins Bastards

You know it was just a matter of time - Sam Jackson has joined the cast of Quentin Tarantino's INGLORIOUS BASTARDS. OK well Jackson won't seen on screen alongside Brad Pitt but he'll instead serve as the narrator of the piece where he'll read lines like:

"Needless to say, once the Basterds got heard about him, he never got there."

"For in the other world, the gods only respect the ones they test first. Well Sgt., this is your test. And the gods are watching."

It just wouldn't be a Tarantino film without just a little Sam Jackson in there so I'm glad he's found a place. Also joining the cast is Maggie Cheung who will play Madame Mimieux, the French owner of a cinema where a good deal of action takes place. As The Playlist reports, it is slightly odd that Tarantino cast a Chinese woman to play a French woman but Mimieux speaks fluent French so perhaps it won't be as big a problem as we imagine. BASTARDS is currently shooting for a premiere at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival.

jtm

spoilers or whatever:

so, i finally read the screenplay for this last night. what the fuck is up with him changing the course of history?!?!

besides that, it was alright i guess.

Pas

Quote from: jtm on November 04, 2008, 02:15:55 AM
spoilers or whatever:

so, i finally read the screenplay for this last night. what the fuck is up with him changing the course of history?!?!

besides that, it was alright i guess.

God please I know this is light but still...SPOILER ?!

jtm

you guys crack me up. you give people shit for not putting spoiler warnings in there. AND you give people shit for putting spoiler warnings in there... is there a handbook out there i should read on the subject!?

anyways, i put the spoiler warning there (and if you notice, i put" whatever" after it, meaning it maybe didn't need it.) because the fact that he changed the course of history is A MAJOR PART OF THE FILM...

btw,

SPOILER
admin edit: MOVIE RUINING SPOILERS

QT loves the smelly feet!!!

if you read that, it's your own fault.

modage

i read it, it was my own fault.  i have tried to help out the rest of you.  learn from my mistakes.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jtm

damn!  sorry mod... i guess i should have made the severity of my spoiler more known to you guys.

i know how tempting it can be to read spoilers, even when you know you shouldn't... i've done the same thing many times. 

Stefen

you just ruined my life!!!

*jumps out 80th story window sans parachute*
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

i just don't see the point of putting the spoiler temptation out there at this point when anyone who would want the movie ruined for them can read the script like you did.

*throws jtm's post out 80th story window sans spoiler warning*

jtm

the point, poser, was to show my reasoning for giving a spoiler in regards to quentin changing history.

EDIT: i've removed my "movie ruining" spoiler.

all you people with no will power can now sleep safely tonight.

modage

Quote from: jtm on November 09, 2008, 12:22:11 AM
all you people with no will power can now sleep safely tonight.

what do you mean, "you people"?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

I guess he's still on the coke. That's the only way to explain the fact that he's still dressing in country and western garb.

Pozer

Quote from: Stefen on November 14, 2008, 05:55:09 PM
I guess he's still on the coke. That's the only way to explain the fact that he's still dressing in country and western garb.

it's the exact same garb as

Quote from: Hedwig on October 17, 2008, 10:27:20 PM