Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

good.  now ppl will stop referring to it as Basterds.

poster somehow reminds me of There Will Be Blood's.  and somehow makes it look really good.

New Feeling

the poster plus the news that shooting has commenced is a one-two punch of love for me.  I am so very excited.   

Kal

Actually the poster is wrong... the name will be different... check this out.

IngloUrious BastErds from /Film

The Weinstein Co today sent out a press release announcing last week's start of production on Quentin Tarantino's upcoming WWII film Inglourious Basterds. You might notice that both words are misspelled, much like the early screenplay that got leaked onto the internet a few months back. That is the official title of the film, likely in an attempt to distinguish itself from the 1978 Enzo Castellari film which inspired Tarantino.

You can read the full press release after the jump, which features a full cast and crew listing. New additions to the cast list include: Omar Doom and Michael Bacall (from Death Proof), Julie Dreyfus (Sophie Fatale from Kill Bill), Cloris Leachman (from The Mary Tyler Moore Show), and many others. Photo above thanks to Tarantino Archives. It is also worth mentioning that an Inglourious Basterds poster has again begun to circulate the internet movie sites. It has the wrong title spelling, so I'm pretty sure it's fan created.

Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds (sic) began principal photography last week on location in Germany. The ensemble cast of Inglourious Basterds includes Brad Pitt, Diane Kruger, Mélanie Laurent, Christoph Waltz, Daniel Brühl, Eli Roth, Samm Levine, B.J. Novak, Til Schweiger, Gedeon Burkhard, Paul Rust, Michael Bacall, Omar Doom, Sylvester Groth, Julie Dreyfus, Jacky Ido, August Diehl, Martin Wuttke, Richard Sammel, Christian Berkel, Sönke Möhring, Michael Fassbender, Mike Myers, Rod Taylor, Denis Menochet and Cloris Leachman.

Inglourious Basterds reunites Tarantino with Academy Award-nominated editor Sally Menke, Academy Award-winning director of photography Bob Richardson, and production designer David Wasco. Joining Tarantino for the first time is Academy Award-nominated costume designer Anna Sheppard.

Academy Award-nominee Lawrence Bender is producing Inglourious Basterds. Erica Steinberg and Lloyd Phillips, and Bob and Harvey Weinstein are the film's executive producers. The co-producers are Charlie Woebcken, Christoph Fisser and Henning Molfenter. Pilar Savone is the associate producer.

The Weinstein Company and Universal Pictures, through its newly formed International Studio, are co-financing and co-presenting the film with TWC handling domestic distribution and Universal handling international distribution. The two companies are partners on the project.

Zehnte Babelsberg Film, a subsidiary of Studio Babelsberg AG, is producing Inglourious Basterds. The film will shoot at Studio Babelsberg as well as in Berlin, Saxony and Paris.

Inglourious Basterds begins in German-occupied France, where Shosanna Dreyfus (Mélanie Laurent) witnesses the execution of her family at the hand of Nazi Colonel Hans Landa (Christoph Waltz). Shosanna narrowly escapes and flees to Paris, where she forges a new identity as the owner and operator of a cinema.

Elsewhere in Europe, Lieutenant Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) organizes a group of Jewish soldiers to engage in targeted acts of retribution. Known to their enemy as "The Basterds," Raine's squad joins German actress and undercover agent Bridget Von Hammersmark (Diane Kruger) on a mission to take down the leaders of The Third Reich. Fates converge under a cinema marquee, where Shosanna is poised to carry out a revenge plan of her own...

Inglourious Basterds will be released worldwide in 2009.

Pozer

Gold Trumpet

hedwig

Stefen

Fuck Christoph Waltz. That guy banged my girlfriend.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

john

Quote from: modage on October 15, 2008, 08:49:52 PM
poster is a fake, also.

Good to hear.

It's a nice poster, in general... but dishearteningly prestigious for the film I'm anticipating.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

MacGuffin

First Look: Brad Pitt in 'Inglourious Basterds'

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

ive barely read a thing in this thread.... but that is ONE fucked up cast.

hedwig

it's fucked up in a good way. minus eli roth.

cloris leachman wins.  :yabbse-thumbup:

Ghostboy

I refuse to use the official spelling until I've been given a good enough reason to do so.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ghostboy on October 17, 2008, 10:10:02 PM
I refuse to use the official spelling until I've been given a good enough reason to do so.

Same reason why I haven't changed the title of the thread yet.

Skeleton FilmWorks