Inglourious Basterds [sic]

Started by brockly, May 20, 2003, 06:05:39 AM

brockly

Tarantino has already got his mind set on his followup to Kill Bill. It will be a war film set during WW2 called Inglorious Bastards. Michael Madsen (Mr Blonde) set to lead

Duck Sauce

Mac, get busy, and Ive heard he wants Sandler

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Keener

Quote from: mogwaiI'm a little curious, how will Quentin fit a open-trunk-scene in a WW2 movie?

That made my day.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

markums2k

Is anybody else just a little bit scared?

I never had any doubts that Sandler would work in Punch-Drunk Love, but I'm not so sure about this one.

Welcome to Left Field, folks.  Have you met Inglorious Bastards?

So, is Tarantino planning another 27-year writing/directing hiatus after Bastards?  I swear, I would kill myself.  Don't make me do it.   :x

Duck Sauce

I cant tell if Sandler is really committed to doing different roles, or if hes just friends with the PTA and will do that stuff. I know hes good with QT, and I am praying that he gets in IB... him and Marlon Wayans

brockly

Maybe Sandler will be playing a retard with an AK47.

abbey road

i have faith in tarentino, i guess i shouldnt talk 'till ive seen kill bill, but i think he could make  a WWII something original like he does for a hitman of kung fu movie, i mean he could be washed up, but until i see it im not going to worry.
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

pixelnixel

If Nicholas Cage and Mel Gibson can be retarded (Bruce Willis too) soldiers in fictitious accounts of WW "whatever" (comma) THEN why can't Adam Sandler and Pete Rose, Larry Sanders and Kenny Rogers form a   unit in Inglorious Bastards?  Hey, I know this guy, who went over there with some other guys and they all killed some guys and came back with tears in their eyes, because they were happy to be alive, and sad to see so many missing "guys".........why don't we make the wars that occured ever the more shallow?  Is there a post analyzing this recent stretch of    futile war films????  Don't get me wrong, I loved Saving Private Ryan,  I just didn't see any worthwhile stuff afterward...wait, there's the Pianist, but that's an exception.   I don't want to see anymore: "Captain Hart's Behind the Correlian Windtalker in Enemy lines when we were soldiers at some point in time crap." Go U.S.A!  Blah, cough cough, blah blah.
Patience builds the mind of man.  
Maintain balance while you plan.

Banky

news from an Australian paper
Q: What does Quentin Tarantino have in store for us after the two "Kill Bills"?

A: While on the promo trailer for "Kill Bill", Tarantino has been talking up his World War 2 drama "Inglorious Bastards", which was recently given the green light for shooting in mid-2004 after many years on the drawing board. The plot centres on a group of convicted US soldiers saved from execution by accepting a suicide mission behind enemy lines in central Europe. No casting moves as yet, but the buzz keeps throwing up names like Johnny Depp, Adam Sandler, Heath Ledger and "Jay & Silent Bob" legend Jason Mewes.

i can see it now "Germans you are the ones who are the ball lickers!"

I think Mewes would be excellent in a serious role in a QT movie.(not being sarcastic)

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: BankyI think Mewes would be excellent in a serious role in a QT movie.(not being sarcastic)
He certainly needs the work, now that Smith is making 'serious' movies  :wink:
It could work if Mewes doesn't
1) Get thrown in jail again
2) Get back on the herion
3) Live past the first 10 minutes of the movie

ShanghaiOrange

My mom won't let me see this because it has "bastard" in the title.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

MacGuffin

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeMy mom won't let me see this because it has "bastard" in the title.

Maybe she wants to hide the truth about your real dad.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

thedog

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeMy mom won't let me see this because it has "bastard" in the title.

Maybe she wants to hide the truth about your real dad.

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

mister mister

Quote from: Banky[ No casting moves as yet, but the buzz keeps throwing up names like Johnny Depp, Adam Sandler, Heath Ledger and "Jay & Silent Bob" legend Jason Mewes.

I want Johnny Depp.