Let the flaming begin

Started by Weak2ndAct, May 01, 2003, 01:29:37 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: punchdrunk23But I still need more proof. There, I need more proof.

lena is an anagram for: al(i)en

Freaky, huh?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Weak2ndAct

Honestly, I have no physical proof.  Just what these people told me.  I would very much like to name names, but I know Paul lurks out there somewhere...

chainsmoking insomniac

Hey Mac, it's not exactly an anagram for alien (you are missing the 'i')...
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

pumba

I read somewhere that Lena is really E.T and barry's favorite movie is E.t so at the end they only fall in love because E.T is Barry's favorite movie. This can be found on the commentary on the 2 disc dvd.

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

Alethia

that's.......interesting -- but less is more kids, remember that

Pozer

<--- extras who were all cut from the completed film

oakmanc234

LENA:AN ALIEN?!.............That would've been just so, so f***in' stuuuuupid, my god.............

Ending a film with raining frogs is one thing but not even PTA could've pulled the alien thing off..........('Punch-Drunk-Galaxian Love'??????)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Pubrick

it's true, Barry is an anagram for: Barry (White).

freaky..
under the paving stones.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: M
Quote from: punchdrunk23Hey Mac, it's not exactly an anagram for alien (you are missing the 'i')...
punchdrunk23 is an anagram for obsessed.

Guilty as charged. :)
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

chainsmoking insomniac

Well, I had a night to sleep on it...reread the shooting script, and all of that...and I don't think an alien theme was ever in the works.  It just doesn't seem like something he would try.  At least not in this particular movie.  It would have been too off the wall...
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

chainsmoking insomniac

Yeah yo. Yo, yeah. Wassup my brutha.  :lol:
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

Pwaybloe

I'll show myself out.  Thanks.

neatahwanta

You know when Barry is first shown in the grocery story, and the old man in red, way down the isle pushing the cart, looks at Barry...and then a few isles later you see a "Lena" type womanin red, pushing a cart way in the background....maybe Lena was a transforming alien?

Nah, total rubbish...

sphinx

Quote from: neatahwantaYou know when Barry is first shown in the grocery story, and the old man in red, way down the isle pushing the cart, looks at Barry...and then a few isles later you see a "Lena" type womanin red, pushing a cart way in the background....maybe Lena was a transforming alien?

Nah, total rubbish...

it's an old man in the close shots and maya rudolph from snl in the wide shots.  i was sworn to secrecy on the meaning