The Kings of Leon

Started by bonanzataz, April 23, 2003, 06:24:45 PM

modage

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkAha Shake Heartbreak - my favorite album right now....it makes me so fucking happy.
i dont really like it but i just gave it another listen the other day.  i think their first album is much better.  the remarkable thing about the new one is that its almost completely devoid of choruses.  (for good, and for bad).  also: it sounds in many songs like instrumentally they were very influenced by touring with the strokes.  slow night so long, king of hte rodeo, the bucket, etc.  anyways, its okay.  i think his voice is kind of obnoxious and probably moreso on this album than the last one.  the last album had more variety and seemed more natural.  (like the piano on talihina sky), but actually every song on that one is pretty good.  favorites are california waiting and red morning light probably.  i dont think anything on the new cd really rivals that stuff.  anyway, the lyrics to Soft are gross and i always have to skip Milk cause his voice is like chalkboard scraping on that song.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

i'll have to check out their earlier stuff, because i really like this album and no one else does it seems. I love his voice on this album, but I have nothing to compare it to. And what's gross about Soft? as a side note, I never realized how dirty the lyrics were. Weird, the music's so happy.
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

I like Aha better than Youth
I like to hug dogs

modage

I'm passed out in your garden
i'm in I can't get off so soft
I'd pop myself in your body
I'd come all over your party, but i'm soft

ewwwww......

yeah, get the first album.  you'll like it better.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

I thought it was "I'd come into your party, but i'm soft" that's far less offensive.
WWPTAD?

modage

Quote from: Gamblor Posts DrunkI thought it was "I'd come into your party, but i'm soft" that's far less offensive.
it is mostly.  but at the end of the song its the grosser way.