The 2008 Xixax Awards

Started by MacGuffin, March 01, 2008, 12:23:24 AM

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: squints on March 14, 2008, 04:43:35 PM
i'm rushing to see a couple of films before i finish my list. talk about last minute.

I should have done that but, I only saw Atonement since submitting my list and that wouldn't have changed my opinion about anything really.

OrHowILearnedTo

To all you This is England fans, i hope you voted for Joe Gilgun or Andre Shim for supporting actor.

Also, if you havn't voted yet remember Anjelica Houston in The Darjeeling Limited for Supporting Actress

Alexandro

from the darjeeling limited, i would say AMARA KARAN is a better best supporting actress option...she had some true chemistry with tom cruise there...

john

Last minute campaigning:

John Carroll Lynch  "Zodiac" - Best Supporting Actor
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

jtm

Quote from: john on March 14, 2008, 06:20:06 PM
Last minute campaigning:

John Carroll Lynch  "Zodiac" - Best Supporting Actor

unless you put that shit in bold, i won't do it!!

Redlum

Is The Lives of Others eligible? It won the Oscar last year but it's listed on IMDB as not receiving a theatrical run until Feb 2007.

I'm finding nominations quite interesting this year. What stands out, though, is that this a is an extremely macho year for film.

Oh and please don't overlook Spider-man 3 for Visual Effects. Waste of a film but the birth of the sandman sequence, is the most refined and beautiful 100% CGI (actor driven) sequences of 2007. Zodiac was well used used but not ground-breaking VFX - it also took place at night.

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Pwaybloe

Another last minute campaigning....

For Best Supporting Male Performance

Alex Veadov - We Own the Night

Quiet, imposing, Vodka-loving.  Vote.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Redlum on March 15, 2008, 07:48:39 AM
Is The Lives of Others eligible? It won the Oscar last year but it's listed on IMDB as not receiving a theatrical run until Feb 2007.

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 02, 2008, 12:26:45 AMThe Lives Of Others is also eligible, since the USA release date was in Feb. 2007.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Redlum

Thanks.

...sorry...also don't forget Steve Zahn in Rescue Dawn.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

john

Quote from: jtm on March 15, 2008, 06:06:39 AM

unless you put that shit in bold, i won't do it!!

Sheeee-iitttt, I'll put it in 120 point font, if it helps remind people how fucking good he was. But, you know, it's symbolically in bold.

Quote from: Redlum on March 15, 2008, 10:03:39 AM
Thanks.

...sorry...also don't forget Steve Zahn in Rescue Dawn.

I did. Wish I didn't.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Kal

I suggest everyone who doesnt vote will be BANNED from Xixax... that should motivate some of you!!!

COME ON EVERYONE VOTE! LAST DAY!

:hammer: :boxing: :brickwall: :onfire: :splat: :finger:

Gold Trumpet

I'm doing one in the next few hours. I just gotta hit up the gym first. So anticipate one from me. I do support Xixax Awards.

squints

there! i sent it, did ya get it?

there were only two movies i didn't see that i think maybe would've changed the list a big:
I'm Not There & Diving Bell
oh well
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

last days of gerry the elephant

and now we play the waiting game...

Gold Trumpet

Fuck, I sprained my foot playing racquetball and didn't get a chance to do mine. Oh well.