What DVD's from this year are you looking forward to?

Started by cron, January 10, 2004, 11:06:12 AM

Goodfellas : SE (and all the rumored Scorsese's SE's)
Both Kill Bill's
Lost In Translation
The Critic
Battle of Algiers Criterion
Big Fish
21 grams
context, context, context.

Quote from: The Gold BlackmanLost Highway

is it really coming ?  widescreen?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: chuckhimselfois it really coming ?  widescreen?

Yes, and probably widescreen:

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2753&start=28

Peter Griffin: Oh, Thank you God!
God: Don't mention it.

modage

ill do up through april, since thats about as far as official announcements go.......

Kill Bill: Volume One
City Of God
Schindlers List: 2 Disc
Lost In Translation
Frankenstein Legacy Set
Dawn Of The Dead: 2 Disc
Ed Wood: SE
Enemy Of The State: SE
Freddy vs. Jason
The Critic: Entire Series
Intolerable Cruelty  
Matchstick Men
School Of Rock
Futurama Season 3
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ernie

just what's been announced....

-kill bill vol 1
-ed wood
-lost in translation
-school of rock
-chaplin collection vol 2
-matchstick men
-goodfellas SE
-mean streets SE
-sunrise

modage

Quote from: ebeaman-goodfellas SE
-mean streets SE
do these have dates yet?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

rustinglass

I have a portuguese region2 lost highway dvd... the format is 2.35.1 but was it how it was really shot? because it looks a little...........distorted. or is it deliberate?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Quote from: rustinglassI have a portuguese region2 lost highway dvd... the format is 2.35.1 but was it how it was really shot? because it looks a little...........distorted. or is it deliberate?

It was shot 2.35:1, but if it's taken from the same Region 2 print for the UK DVD, then I've read reviews about it's poor quality, and it looking like a VHS copy.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ono

All of my year's bests, really:

* Lost in Translation
* Love Actually
* School of Rock

Wow, that's not a lot, actually.  I already have Finding Nemo, too.  This year was really sparse as far as amazing films went.  How could I forget The Critic except for the fact that I have all but one episode on tape?  And it'd be cool to get into Futurama if I have the cash.

I  "too" want  School of Rock .
And Finding Nemo is one delicious movie, i saw it the day before yesterday for the first time because my sister always wanted to see it dubbed in spanish and, what do we know about dubbed movies??  THEY STINK!      so i had to wait almost a month to see it . it's like one critic said, i don't remember his name "I'm growing sick and tired of how great Pixar is!" And it's a great appetizer (I think)  for the upcoming Life Acquatic.

analogzombie

While I am anticipating a lot there is only one I am truly excited about:

Dawn of the Dead Multi-disc box set special edition (1978)
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

NEON MERCURY

.l.o.s.t.h.i.g.h.w.a.y.
.k.b.v.1.
.2.1.g.r.a.m.s.
.b.i.g.f.i.s.h.
and the ::fingers crossed:Jesus's Son Criterion.......