QUENTINS TOP 10 OF ALL TIME

Started by modage, June 08, 2003, 11:17:14 PM

Stefen

I doubt he even saw Somewhere. It's obvious Tarantino doesn't watch any movies. His time in Venice was most likely spent doing huge amounts of yayo and contemplating his tenhead.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: bigideas on January 05, 2011, 10:14:33 AM
Why is the Sofie/QT Twitter thread already gone?

was it 100% NOT real?

john

A curious omission from this list: Machete.

Alright, maybe "curious" is a bit of an exaggeration, but you'd think with all the collective dick stroking RR/QT participate in, and the fact that an additional Grindhouse property was made at all, the motherfucker would put it on his list. Maybe it's too blatantly in his wheelhouse to even necessitate mentioning.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Pozer on January 05, 2011, 11:45:45 PM
Quote from: bigideas on January 05, 2011, 10:14:33 AM
Why is the Sofie/QT Twitter thread already gone?

was it 100% NOT real?

I'm fairly certain they are both fake, still, it was pretty interesting and it's not like the thread existing puts the universe on hold.

I'm intersted in if the screenplay was any good, because you have to think there is some intelligence there to go that far - to take 2 fake Twitter accounts, post fake dialog between them, slip your screenplay in there, and then take it down pretty quick knowing anything once on the internet can be saved.

Kinda like taking two pieces of recorded music you don't own and mashing them up and then becoming a famous producer a la Danger Mouse.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

The Perineum Falcon

I can't imagine anyone willing enough to write 124 pages just to put someone else's name on it.... as a joke?
What a waste of time that would be.
If some unnamed soul was bothering to write an original script such as this, i imagine they'd want credit for it, but they also need a proofreader..... :doh:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

tpfkabi

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on January 06, 2011, 10:23:12 AM
I can't imagine anyone willing enough to write 124 pages just to put someone else's name on it.... as a joke?
What a waste of time that would be.
If some unnamed soul was bothering to write an original script such as this, i imagine they'd want credit for it, but they also need a proofreader..... :doh:

I guess they were hoping it was so good that the industry would start asking Sofia about it. Then when she said that was not her and asked who it was they would emerge from the shadows.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: bigideas on January 06, 2011, 03:02:52 PM
I guess they were hoping it was so good that the industry would start asking Sofia about it. Then when she said that was not her and asked who it was they would emerge from the shadows.
Sounds like a plan concocted by a five year old.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

tpfkabi

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on January 06, 2011, 03:11:03 PM
I'm just trying to make the pieces fit. I didn't make the puzzle.

Pas

Quote from: bigideas on January 06, 2011, 03:13:44 PM
Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on January 06, 2011, 03:11:03 PM
I'm just trying to make the pieces fit. I didn't make the puzzle.

How much did he/they/it?(possible alien) pay Vines and bluejay to lie?

Reel

Quentin Tarantino's Top Ten of 2011

1. Midnight In Paris
2. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
3. Moneyball
4. The Skin I Live In
5. X-Men: First Class
6. Young Adult
7. Attack The Block
8. Red State
9. Warrior
10. The Artist / Our Idiot Brother (tie)
11. The Three Musketeers

hmm, I wonder why he didn't pick Drive...jealous much?

polkablues

Quentin Tarantino turned into Entertainment Weekly so gradually, I didn't even notice.
My house, my rules, my coffee

socketlevel

not a horrible list, kinda safe though.
the one last hit that spent you...

Stefen

He makes the type of lists that someone who just got into movies THAT year would make.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

theyarelegion

malkovich

Quotenot a horrible list, kinda safe though.

I kind of thought differently. Wouldn't 'safe' be if his list had the same movies we keep seeing over and over again in most Best Of lists? I might not agree with him, but I think it's a little ballsy (funny, too) that he had Our Idiot Brother tie with The Artist.