what the hell happened to xixax?

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, December 15, 2003, 11:53:10 PM

molly

godardian

I imagine there are good reasons for this change... but it's SOOO much uglier than the old look!

Is there a sticky up somewhere explaining this, or something?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

molly

It's bad for the text in signature and quotes, otherwise is't fine.

Pubrick

Quote from: godardianI imagine there are good reasons for this change... but it's SOOO much uglier than the old look!

hey everyone i know the new design is blowing ur minds, but i trust u can all still READ THE FIRST PAGE OF A THREAD before u post in it, thanksabunch.
under the paving stones.

godardian

Quote from: mollyIt's bad for the text in signature and quotes, otherwise is't fine.

It'll probably just take some getting used to, and then it'll seem like no big deal. All our banners and stuff are gone, though. Maybe that's a good thing for everyone, but I'll miss 'em. For a while , at least.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

godardian

Quote from: P
Quote from: godardianI imagine there are good reasons for this change... but it's SOOO much uglier than the old look!

hey everyone i know the new design is blowing ur minds, but i trust u can all still READ THE FIRST PAGE OF A THREAD before u post in it, thanksabunch.

I literally read every single post before I posted that. Seriously. If the explanation is "I was tired of the old look and wanted to try something new," then that's fine, but I guess I thought that was a joke, didn't know who it was from (is "slog" actually Xixax? Forgive me, I'm slow), and that it would take more than that to necessitate a change that seems so drastic...?

Pubrick

read the quote again, slog was quoting xax from another thread. like u just quoted me quoting u, it's understood that i only said the response, and not whatever says "originally posted by godardian". i'm not being snappish with u.. it just seems that for most ppl here messing with the layout is like messing with ur children. i think it looks nice, and i'm not freaking out cos i know it's not permanent.

mike is messing around cos he can. he was bored and changed it, that's all the reason there is, i don't think we need a major emotional catharsis to hav sum fun. it's like xixaxiens are the most messageboard-illiterate crowd on the interweb, the slightest change anywhere creates a huge disorientation.
under the paving stones.

molly

http://www.cgjungpage.org/phpbb/index.php

on the end of this link is the forum that looks like new and improved version of our old forum

godardian

Quote from: Pread the quote again, slog was quoting xax from another thread. like u just quoted me quoting u, it's understood that i only said the response, and not whatever says "originally posted by godardian".

Ahhh... I see now. But these things really do look very different. It's only now that I'm starting to see where the quotes actually begin and end and who's quoting who- the layout for that type of stuff is quite different now, so you'll have to forgive me. Like I said, it'll just take some getting used to. I'm not upset, but it's hard not comment on things looking so different and buttons being in different places, and so suddenly. I'll be up to speed in no time, I'm sure.

Sigur Rós

Kal

I think its not good for new members... if someone new walks in here with this layout it looks like we're a fucking buch of Microsoft nerds and they will run away... Im in favor of updating the look of the site but something nicer please

classical gas

this is very odd.  for a moment, when it first happened, i thought i was the only one...i thought my computer was just messing up, but now i know.
this is okay, i guess.  i'll get used to it, but if it matters at all, i like the old setup better.

Sigur Rós

I hate the way the quotations look.
Change is good!

kotte

Quote from: mollyhttp://www.cgjungpage.org/phpbb/index.php

on the end of this link is the forum that looks like new and improved version of our old forum

That's a great one. That's how it should look.

oakmanc234

I don't know why but this new look/complete change is making me feel claustraphobic......I feel all closed in by it!!!! What's happnin to me!!!! I need sleep......hopefully this'll all turn out to be a bad dream  lol
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'