burt reynolds

Started by cowboykurtis, May 03, 2003, 03:01:29 PM

cowboykurtis

does anyone know the story behind burt reynolds "falling out" with pta? it seems like something more than an arguement occurred. maybe butting of egos? i just think its ludacris that burt didn't give pta any props for the oscar nomination and golden globe...
...your excuses are your own...

Pozer

I dont know what the oscar golden globe thing has to do with it, but I heard it stemmed from his abusive behavior toward his children.

PTA dont take that shit

cowboykurtis

Quote from: poserI dont know what the oscar golden globe thing has to do with it, but I heard it stemmed from his abusive behavior toward his children.

PTA dont take that shit

i heard that burt was the one who had the problem with pta -- something about him stealing his spotlight during interviews -- it seems kind of petty thing to ruin a relationship over -- but it happens all the time.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

just ya know two big talents clashing

burt was not sure of the film, but you have to remember how many times he has been burned.

he is jack horner, he wanted a differnt sort of career and it didnt work out that way, he wanted to be the next brando

ever see early footage of burt, he was skeet ulrich to brandos johhny depp

in fact i heard a rumor that burt was being looked at to play sonny in the godfather but brando refused to work with him.

non of this explains why they fought, but i think its because burt is gun shy and well boogie nights like all works of true greatness is easy to misunderstand. And PTA Could express his art through his work, he couldnt break it down for people 100% , they would have to take his word for it till its done and then it could speak for itself, plus the list of people who didnt really get this film is endless, sam jackson, louie guzman thought it was too fucking weird when he saw the rough cut of the first 20 minutes or so. So i guess this may all be a case of not being able to grasp greatness even when its right in front of you

look at me and how fucking cool i am, and yet some people still want to hassle me . yep its just me and comedian steve harvey , he gets me

he understands me

cowboykurtis

i never hassle you...

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: cowboykurtisi never hassle you...

and i love that about you