The best album I've heard all year....

Started by -dazza-, April 23, 2003, 09:22:21 AM

-dazza-

I'll keep this short, so you can go out and buy the album as soon as possible.

Damien Rice - O

Absolutely Spectacular. Not a bad song on it. I f you want to know what kind of music is on it, think Irish trad, but slightly more mainstream.

In short, buy it.
"Go home, Yank. 'Tis my field." - The late, great, Richard Harris.

Newbie Confusion Device:  CLICK HERE

SHAFTR

So far, best album I've heard of 2003 is White Stripes' Elephant.
Zwan and Pete Yorn were good as well.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

officially it's 2002, but this is still gettin severe playtime on my discman/playlist: Neon Golden by the Notwist.

no one else is feelin it??
under the paving stones.

©brad

they kinda have a radiohead vibe. trashing days is a wicked song. I have that and pilot downloaded on my computer back home, don't have the album yet though. what's the rest of the album like?

Pubrick

Quote from: cbrad4dthey kinda have a radiohead vibe. trashing days is a wicked song. I have that and pilot downloaded on my computer back home, don't have the album yet though. what's the rest of the album like?
radiohead vibe indeed, much more playful tho, user friendly even.. the rest is sorta the same, check out Solitaire, the title track, One with the Freaks, and well the whole thing is ekzellent,., it's the kinda stuff i like to hear when i need to be poked, not pusshed tho, poked. i dunno, the songs are real fresh.

i wasn't expecting anyone else to like em  :shock:
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

Officially 2002, but I only bought it like a month ago or so - Beck -Sea Change. The depth of music in this album makes it only more rewarding and interesting with every listen. Only album I bought from this year has been White Stripes' album, Elephant, which is great too. The most anticipated release for me this year is the new album from Outkast, which has been said to come out in May, but I have heard nothing new since that initial annoucement.

~rougerum

Sigur Rós

Calexico - Feast of Fire
Zwan
Yo La Tengo - Summer Sun

:shock:

Ghostboy

This only reminds me how behind I am on music. The last thing I bought was the new Nick Cave album, which was good but not great.

Gotta get White Stripes. The albums I'm most anticipating (i.e. will be at the store when it opens the day they're released) are the new Outkast, Radiohead and Fiona Apple discs. Gonna be a good summer (although I hear FA has been pushed to fall).

phil marlowe

RegularKarate

I need to do some serious catch up as well... been real poor lately, but evidently so has everyone else (no one is buying albums anymore)...

Most recent fav is Phrenology, which I didn't buy... just downloaded, but they deserve my fifteen bucks, so I'm gonna buy it anyway.

Mos Def gonna get Outkast and Radiohead... I don't really keep up on what's gonna come out, so I just recently found out about Outkast, there's probably a few others I'll really want coming out to that I won't realize until they've been out for a week or so....

I'll Check out this Damien Rice fella tho... be a download choice next time I'm gathering writin' music.

Ghostboy

Phrenology is phan-phucking-tastic.

Jesus, that was lame. But true.

phil marlowe

Quote from: GhostboyPhrenology is phan-phucking-tastic.

Jesus, that was lame. But true.
damn yeah, one of the best albums ive heard in a long long time and probably my fave roots album. the tracks featuring jill scot make my tears float.

neatahwanta

The year is not over yet...I may reply later..maybe not...who knows for sure??

RegularKarate

Doubt Led Zepplin's coming out with anything new anytime soon.

neatahwanta

Quote from: RegularKarateDoubt Led Zepplin's coming out with anything new anytime soon.

http://billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1867151

But yeah, Zep is the real deal...influenced every band after them in much the same way The Beatles do.  "The Song Remains The Same" still holds up.