Bayou Caviar

Started by polkablues, October 19, 2018, 06:16:33 PM

polkablues

Cuba Gooding Jr.'s directorial debut, costarring Famke Janssen and Richard Dreyfuss. Available now on various streaming platforms. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't speak to its quality, but my friends were co-producers and I did some VFX work on it. I don't make any additional money from you paying to watch it, but my friends might, so do it for them.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

This is definitely a Dreyfuss I have not seen before.

jenkins

lol hey you at least gotta see it first, like i'm dying to hear what you say about it now. this cannot be hard to like! i think it's great you worked for it but i'm biased toward the obscure. cgj director and thirteenth floor dp, i mean imo that's great conversational material. you did start the thread but i still feel like you're being casual about a cool thing—hey i just looked at the full list of visual effects artists and it's just you, mention that in a bar fight

polkablues

Quote from: jenkins on October 20, 2018, 02:00:22 AM
i still feel like you're being casual about a cool thing

Accurate. It's interesting, because there's a layer of abstraction to the whole process. It's like, I'm working for Cuba Gooding Jr., which feels like a big deal, but my only correspondence is through the assistant editor, which tempers that feeling a little bit, but then I'm working on a shot and I'm rotoscoping around Richard Dreyfuss' head, which feels like a big deal again. Then it sits on the shelf for the better part of a year and finally releases to little fanfare. But I know of at least two people who have watched the movie not knowing that I had worked on it until they spotted my name in the credits, so that's a cool feeling right there.

Anyway, I should probably watch the movie at some point.

Alethia

Cinema, particularly these days, needs more Richard Dreyfuss.

wilberfan

I was actually thinking something very similar recently:
More Gene Hackman.

polkablues

Good luck talking him out of retirement after almost fifteen years, though.

BB