the strokes

Started by Rudie Obias, January 16, 2003, 04:44:51 PM

European Son

Quote from: tremolosloth
Quote from: European SonThis new record will make or break The Strokes. Either they're going to be one of the best bands of this decade or they're not. October 21 will tell all. It's my most anticipated album of the year. Very exciting.

Well regardless, I think Is This It is a pretty good album and shouldn't be overlooked by the success/failure of the next
Of course not, but also don't overlook the fact that they have the chance to jump to greatness with this new album. After seeing them live last year, I believe that they have the potential to be huge. This is going to be one of the most telling moments for rock music of this decade.

Sleuth

I really don't think that time has come yet
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

this just my two Lincolns but........they are good even though every sond on is this it sounds the same IMO

Jeremy Blackman

"Is This It" is a good album, but it's really easy to get sick of it. It's catchy stuff, but it borders on throw-away pop music. The kind of stuff that you love when you first hear it, but it just doesn't survive.

I think The White Stripes will win in the end.

Sleuth

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI think The White Stripes will win in the end.

Uh oh, I hope this doesn't turn into a WS vs TS argument

but you are absolutely right
I like to hug dogs

Pozer

uuuuuh oooooooh

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman"Is This It" is a good album, but it's really easy to get sick of it.

I agree. I loved it at first, but now I try to throw it back into the CD mix when I'm driving in my car and end up pulling it right back out.

European Son

The new album needs to be filled with more songs like "Hard to Explain" (songs that don't grab your attention at first, but that you come to love after a few listens). Basically, they need to add more substance. I've been preaching to people for months now about this. I hope I don't turn out to look like a fool in the end.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman"Is This It" is a good album, but it's really easy to get sick of it. It's catchy stuff, but it borders on throw-away pop music. The kind of stuff that you love when you first hear it, but it just doesn't survive.

I think The White Stripes will win in the end.

The White Stripes will win in the end man.  It's assured.  Don't get me wrong, the Strokes are fun to listen to on occasion, but their shit just doesn't hold up after repeated listenings.  I've had the Stripes in my car for over a month now, and I'm still not sick of them.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

modage

new album entitled "Room On Fire".  release date October 21st US.  October 20th everywhere else.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

European Son

Some tour dates have also been announced. Looks like they're playing theaters instead of clubs this time around.....weird. I'm still waiting on an Atlanta date.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

modage

you're REALLY going to have to squint...

new album ROOM ON FIRE cover

and rumored full tracklisting according to rolling stone...

What Ever Happened?
Reptilia
Automatic Stop
12:51
You Talk Way Too Much
Between Love and Hate
Meet Me in the Bathroom
Under Control
The End Has No End
The Way It Is
I Can't Win
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

European Son

There is a clearer version of the new album cover on thestrokes.com. It is awful. What a horrible cover. What are The Strokes thinking?

Dirk

You can now download the new single "12:51" on many peer-to-peer sharing networks.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

modage

clearer version...

you can also stream the single from their website www.thestrokes.com