differences between screenplay and shooting script

Started by md, March 20, 2003, 05:23:34 AM

md

for all of ptas films, does he just write a shooting script since he intends to direct what he writes..or does he initially write a traditional screenplay with no camera cues and then he writes the shooting script?
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Ghostboy

Judging by what's been released, he writes whatever he wants. All the camera angles and notes and actors' names are in there from the get go, I think.

chainsmoking insomniac

md, don't quote me on this, but I believe he writes the shooting script from the very start of his writing process...and since he directs his own stuff too, it would make sense.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

atticus jones

what do you believe in?
does it make sense to you?
and hows that working for you?
believing in something...

amen
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

pipo

There's no screenplay that survives the shooting times healthy, influences like money and producers can change all the contents just in seconds, it's a matter of luck to get it right done.  Taxi Driver was a huge exception.
Hi, Just passed by...

The Silver Bullet

QuoteOriginally posted by him:

what do you believe in?
does it make sense to you?
and hows that working for you?
believing in something...

amen

Amen, indeed.

Write the way you write.
Write what comes, as it comes.
Always say yes.
What you write doesn't belong to anyone but you.
Please yourself.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]