Divertissement

Started by Camel Lights, February 27, 2003, 11:50:48 AM

Camel Lights

Not PTA, and I apologize, but I'm sure y'all will appreciate.

Picked up this link from the Jon Brion Embrionic Yahoo group.. therein lies the tenuous association.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/mm/

Start with week one, and enjoy.

Newtron

Long read. First week was all bitching.

So who's the band?

sphinx

sounds like miss aimee mann is part of it.  sorry, mrs. mann.

Newtron

Quote from: sphinxsounds like miss aimee mann is part of it.  sorry, mrs. mann.

How do you get that? I only read the first week, dude cries too much.

Are you talking about the Traffic Manager, "Magnolia"? That's all the reference I got.

sphinx

this camel lights fella seems to be implying that jon brion is the producer, and i gather than mann is the traffic managers from her name and the way she reacts to stuff

i too stopped reading after the first week

Xixax

Having come from a recording background myself, I'm finding this really entertaining to read. But because of its length, I'll probably finish it up this weekend.

He's right about one thing I can see already. Drummers, stereotypically, aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

MacGuffin

Quote from: XixaxDrummers, stereotypically, aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Quote"I diss the Beatles every chance I get"
- Mr. Xixax

"I'm quietly judging you."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

BonBon85

Quote from: XixaxDrummers, stereotypically, aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

ur sew meen to us drumers!

But seriously, though, a lot of drummers I've worked with are pretty dumb, but I'd say it's proportional to the number of dumb guitarists. Bass players seem to be the introverted intellectual ones.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: BonBon85Bass players seem to be the introverted intellectual ones.

Whoa...