going to the movies alone

Started by snaporaz, March 04, 2003, 12:31:54 AM

budgie

Quote from: Butterscotch JonesHe could of said " Ohhhh yes i found that film to be BLAH BLAH BLAH" but that he would of had to change his name to budgie, :: giggles::

would have had to change his name

russiasusha

I took my younger brother the first of three times I watched PDL.  I didn't realize it that a 15 year old couldn't see an "R" rated film if accompanied by someone who isn't older than 21.  So he couldn't buy a ticket.

I then told him to go buy a ticket for some other film and just go sneak into pdl.  He refused saying that the box office guy would know what we were up to.  I told him he wouldn't give a damn.  He probably worked for 3$ an hour.  He still refused.

I then just told him that I was going to see PDL and nothing was going to stop me.  I suggested he watch some other movie he can get into.  All the other films sucked ass, so he wanted to go home.  I then told him that he would have to spend the night in the car while I watched the movie.

So I watched it alone and fuckin loved.  As everyone knows, the greatest film of 2002.  But I felt pretty bad for having my brother stay in the car while the outside temperatures were easily below 0.  He also really wanted to see it.  So the following week, I had my mother come with us so he could go.

p.s. This was just 1 out of the many times I have seen a movie alone.  It is the way to go!
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Duck Sauce

Quote from: russiasusha
So I watched it alone and fuckin loved.  As everyone knows, the greatest film of 2002

Actually I dont know, because I didnt think it was the greatest film of 2002. However time apart from it is making me love it more and more.

Reel

I heard a very sad story on The Doug Loves Movies podcast, where Anna Kendrick disclosed that for the first time in her life she watched a movie in the theater completely alone- with no other audience members. It was The Master at the arclight. She really enjoyed the experience, as I'm sure most of us would. What's sad is that no one else was there putting asses into seats! I'm ashamed of you Angeleno xixaxers, if you had the slightest bit of loyalty to your so called 'Favorite director' you could've had a chance to see The Master with Anna Kendrick, ALONE.

but as Stefen would say:

Quote from: S.R. on December 03, 2009, 01:52:13 AM

"You snooze, you lose."

Frederico Fellini

If I was alone with Anna Kendrick in a dark cold theater.... We would NOT be watching the movie, I can assure you of that.

Creepin' with style   8)
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

72teeth

i was there... sort of.. i dont really remember.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Reel

I don't even think I could handle going to the movies with friends anymore. No one gets as excited about them as I do and once I could sense they're getting bored I would just fill with self hatred for wasting their time. Plus you're supposed to sit with them and everyone likes to be in the fuckin nosebleeds. I sit right in the first few rows, I don't want nothing between me and that screen.  So I go to movies strictly alone now. For one, I have no friends and for two I like the get a bang for my buck when I go to the cinema. That's right, if I'm paying ten bucks to enter your establishment I'm seeing every fucking movie I can, usually 3. Anything beyond that and you need a fuckin nap.  No one else in my life seems to have time for this, who could blame 'em. Once the movie ends they're usually exhausted and just wanna go smoke suttin. People 21 and over don't seem to enjoy the moviegoing experience anymore, it's like if you can't drink or smoke or use your phone FUCK A BIG SCREEN, I'll watch it on my computer... Although I hate the rules that keep us from being allowed to enjoy these things in a theater, I'm also really disappointed in my generation and up for abandoning the cinemas like this, IT'S THE REASON THEY'VE STOPPED CATERING TO US!!!

anyways, yesterday I saw Spring Breakers in a completely empty theater. It was bliss. I could grunt and pull on my junk when Vanessa Hudgens came onscreen, Laugh at inappropriate moments, sing along to the songs and drop the N bomb when "Young Ni**az" came on like nobodies business. I fucking stood up and took pics with my phone and yes, I EVEN SMOKED WEED!!! it felt like my house. I need to own a theater one day...

Lottery

I haven't gone to the movies without others in a very, very long time but I have no problem going alone.

polkablues

Seeing terrible movies is always better with a group, seeing great movies is always better alone.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Lottery

Quote from: polkablues on April 09, 2013, 04:05:51 PM
Seeing terrible movies is always better with a group, seeing great movies is always better alone.

I can mostly agree with that though on rewatches, I like involving my younger brother, who usually has a great appreciation for it and all.

polkablues

That's reasonable. For me, there's nothing I hate more than being expected to immediately start discussing a film I've just had an emotional experience with. Shut up and let me process, I'll be ready to talk about it in a few days.

Bad movies, though; the funnest moviegoing experience of my life was watching "2012" then going to a restaurant and spending three hours tearing it to shreds. I watched "Premium Rush" by myself when I was blowing off work one day, and I still regret that I didn't have someone with me to talk about it afterward.

Not implying that "Premium Rush" is a bad movie! FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: ALL CATEGORIES.
My house, my rules, my coffee