2013 Xixax Awards: NOMINATE!

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 03, 2013, 06:23:08 PM

Pubrick

important announcement:

at this stage it's important to nominate as many films as you can, they will determine the final 5 nominees you will vote for in the final ballot.

BUT, when we get to that part, whereas usually you would only get to vote for one film in each category THIS TIME in any category where the master is nominated you will be able to vote for TWO entries, the master as well as your second choice.

so for example the vote for best picture would go like this..

1 THE MASTER OBVIOUSLY
2 SPRING BREAKERS ORWHATEVER

this only applies if you loved the master and want it to win a category but also want to rank your second choice. if you hated the master then don't even bother listing it and just provide your one final vote in that category. hopefully this leads to more interesting results than having the runner up decided by the few freaks who don't recognise quality when it farts in their face.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

For the record, DON'T VOTE FOR SPRING BREAKERS, as it is ineligible this year.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ElPandaRoyal

So, I mentioned these movies in the campaign thread, and I don't know if they're elegible: Blood of My Blood, Tabu and Michael. I want to participate this year and am doing an effort to see as many as I can before the final date.
Si

polkablues

Those are all eligible.  If Tabu hasn't had a legitimate US release by this point, it's never going to.

ElPandaRoyal

Thanks. Like I said in the campaign thread, portuguese movies barely have a decent distribution in Portugal, let alone in the rest of the world.
Si

Yes

I'm still iffy on the acting categories. So are Philip Seymour Hoffman and Anne Hathaway not supporting here?

polkablues

Hoffman is in the main acting category.  Hathaway (I'm assuming for The Miserables), would still be supporting because her screen time was so short.

The Ultimate Badass

Slim pickings this year. I don't even know if I can fill the ballot in good conscience, but, golly, I'll try.

jenkins

i have the dual prob of being festival off-calendar and being a person of personal obsessions. i'm really sure what i love and not sure how to rank all the things i liked so much

and apparently i'm not allowed to vote "james franco in spring breakers" for every category which is some bogus bs from a bunch of nasti neonancyes

polkablues

Next year. We'll rename them the Franco Awards. We'll introduce a new category for Best Acting S'picious.

jenkins

heheh. is that in the trailer? i should go back and watch the trailers now

Alexandro

what about something like tyrannosaur? which was supposedly released in the us in 2011 but absolutely no one saw it until it became available in home video a few months ago?

polkablues

Tyrannosaur was actually nominated last year, in the Best Debut Feature category, which pretty much cancels out letting it be eligible for this year.

Sleepless

I'm going to try and watch at least two off this list before Friday's deadline: Anna Karenina, Argo, God Bless America, Rust and Bone, Zero Dark Thirty. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with what I've managed to catch up on overall at least out of films I was interested in seeing. Will have to watch Killing Them Softly before the final vote.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

classical gas

In which category would Juno Temple be for Killer Joe?