Seinfeld

Started by SoNowThen, May 09, 2003, 02:02:58 PM

mogwai

how many episodes is that?

Ravi

"Box art may change"

I sure hope so  :shock:

SiliasRuby

Quote from: mogwaihow many episodes is that?
17 episodes..
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pubrick

yeah, no classics on that box set.

i'll wait for the next one thanks.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/listen_up/index.shtml

LISTEN UP stars Jason Alexander in a comedy about a well-regarded sports talk show host and columnist who struggles to get the respect and admiration from his family that he gets from his fans. Based on the writings of real-life sports commentator and columnist Tony Kornheiser, Tony Clineman (Alexander) is an irreverent sports show host who banters about all things sports with his witty sidekick, Bernie Widmer (Malcolm-Jamal Warner), a former football player turned sports show host, on their television talk show, "Shut Up and Listen." Tony has also begun writing a humorous syndicated newspaper column that includes commentary on his family who are less than thrilled to have their trials and tribulations made public. Tony's wife, Dorothy, works as a fundraiser. While not a sports fan, she is always supportive of her paranoid and obsessive-but-loving husband. Lauren (Daniella Monet) is the Clineman's know-it-all, soccer-playing 14-year-old daughter. Mickey (Will Rothhaar) is their 15-year-old golf prodigy son. While Tony's inability to self-edit before broadcasting his thoughts is what makes him most endearing to his fans, it keeps his friends and family on their toes as everything could be fodder for his column.

Kal

Gang's all here: 'Seinfeld' set for DVD
6 Aug 2004 2:12am EDT - By Marla Matzer Rose  

Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment expects a show about nothing to be the biggest thing yet to hit the red-hot TV-to-DVD market. The studio and producers of "Seinfeld" are announcing details of the long-anticipated release of the show to DVD for the first time Nov. 23. CTHE -- which acquired all off-network distribution of the groundbreaking comedy as part of its earlier affiliation with Castle Rock Entertainment -- will release the pilot and first three seasons of the show as two four-DVD volumes as well as combined in a boxed gift set just before the holiday shopping season. Each individual release will include about 12 hours of new content and have a suggested list price of $49.95. The gift set will have a list price of $199.95 and will include such quirky extras as a limited-edition script from co-creator Larry David, "Monk's Diner" salt-and-pepper shakers and collectible playing cards. In all, 40 original episodes are included in these releases -- the first season was only four shows, followed by 13 the second season and 22 the third.

Bruce Lee

Im sure quite a few other english folk out there would like to know too;

Q: I know that the boxset(s) are coming out in the US in November but is there any news of it coming here to the shores of Blighty?
and if so will the special features be the same? is there a cast commentary?

MacGuffin

Quote from: anditokGang's all here: 'Seinfeld' set for DVD
6 Aug 2004 2:12am EDT - By Marla Matzer Rose  

Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment expects a show about nothing to be the biggest thing yet to hit the red-hot TV-to-DVD market. The studio and producers of "Seinfeld" are announcing details of the long-anticipated release of the show to DVD for the first time Nov. 23. CTHE -- which acquired all off-network distribution of the groundbreaking comedy as part of its earlier affiliation with Castle Rock Entertainment -- will release the pilot and first three seasons of the show as two four-DVD volumes as well as combined in a boxed gift set just before the holiday shopping season. Each individual release will include about 12 hours of new content and have a suggested list price of $49.95. The gift set will have a list price of $199.95 and will include such quirky extras as a limited-edition script from co-creator Larry David, "Monk's Diner" salt-and-pepper shakers and collectible playing cards. In all, 40 original episodes are included in these releases -- the first season was only four shows, followed by 13 the second season and 22 the third.

Photos here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bruce Lee

Here's a challenge for the die hard Seinfeld fans....

I heard that in every episode an image (i think a doll) of super-man makes an appearance.
Can anyone find the scenes in which the caped crusader appears in the 200+ episodes?

Ravi

Some episodes have the fridge magnet and others have the doll.  I don't know if they appear in every episode, but every ep has at least a reference to Superman.

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

©brad

well i'm excited!

Weird. Oh

Of course my favorite show of all time. I get in spurts where I watch up to 7 episodes a day. It comes and goes. Right now since I'm back in school I'm watching a lot of episodes. I was watching Midnight Cowboy the other day for the first time and at the ending where Joe Buck and Rizzo are on the bus I realized this was paid homage to in Seinfeld in the episode where Kramer keeps getting nosebleeds.  This got me thinking about how many movie references that are made in Seinfeld. There has to be hundreds.  Some of the most apparent one's like The English Patient and Schindler's List.  This site chronicles a lot of them.
http://www.seinology.com/lists/list-movietv.shtml

Can anyone think of any more not listed?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

MacGuffin

Cast Reunion for 'Seinfeld' Set for Oprah

The entire cast of Seinfeld will reunite on Oprah this week or next as part of a marketing campaign for the DVD release of Seinfeld: The First Three Seasons, Video Store magazine reported on Friday. The trade publication said that the reunion show will air around the Nov. 23 release date of the home video, which will also be promoted on Access Hollywood, Jeopardy, The Today Show, The Late Show, The Tonight Show, Regis & Kelly and The View. A Seinfeld special is also due to air in primetime on NBC on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 25.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi