schizophrenics with friends

Started by gjg 4 REEL, September 26, 2003, 02:18:27 PM

gjg 4 REEL

i had a very quick idea for a guy schizphrenia who has this one friend, his friend obviously knows about his condition and takes advantage of it, the schizo has like 3 or 4 personalities and he doesnt remember what he did in his last one, wait but thats not schizophrenia, thats multiple personality disorder right, i just realized that this idea IS memento...almost, still i would like to do it for a short on video, even though the idea doesnt feel complete

The Perineum Falcon

Why don't you just make a Great, big ideas/gimmicks thread and post in there? I swear you have a new topic every 5 mins.

Quote from: gjg 4 REELi had a very quick idea for a guy schizphrenia who has this one friend, his friend obviously knows about his condition and takes advantage of it, the schizo has like 3 or 4 personalities and he doesnt remember what he did in his last one, wait but thats not schizophrenia, thats multiple personality disorder right, i just realized that this idea IS memento...almost, still i would like to do it for a short on video, even though the idea doesnt feel complete

You're right, it is Memento. I also see a little Fight Club mixed in for flavor.
But that's just me.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: gjg 4 REELi had a very quick idea for a guy schizphrenia who has this one friend, his friend obviously knows about his condition and takes advantage of it, the schizo has like 3 or 4 personalities and he doesnt remember what he did in his last one, wait but thats not schizophrenia, thats multiple personality disorder right, i just realized that this idea IS memento...almost, still i would like to do it for a short on video, even though the idea doesnt feel complete

..  The 3  sounds more believable IMO..

gjg 4 REEL

Quote from: ranemaka13Why don't you just make a Great, big ideas/gimmicks thread and post in there? I swear you have a new topic every 5 mins.

You're right, it is Memento. I also see a little Fight Club mixed in for flavor.
But that's just me.

what are you talking about, thats a totally original idea

Alethia

doesn't sound very interesting to me.

The Silver Bullet

Quotewhat are you talking about, thats a totally original idea
That's right. A totally original idea based on totally original ideas by other people.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

kotte

It's not original...

Sorry...I can't respect ideas totally based on gimmicks.

Witkacy

If popele are miankg fmils and wrniitg spricts why is tehir gmamrar so fkiucn aufwl.

SoNowThen

everyone knows writers can't spell and don't got no good grammer

like the guy in Get Shorty, we'll hire some servant to put our commas and periods in there.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Witkacy

That's a little bit of hyberbole.  Commas aside... a l'il bit of skoolin' don't hurt no one.

pookiethecat

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..  The 3  sounds more believable IMO..

what about using "trick photography." ?
i wanna lick 'em.