Which Xixax Members Would You Meet???

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 01:12:30 AM

Thrindle

Quote from: modageout of a billion people in new york, this morning i ran into mutinyco on the train.   :shock:
Have you two met before?  Or was this like "hey", "hey", "I like Xixax", "OMG Me too!"?
Classic.

Pwaybloe

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how the hell that subject even came up.

Reinhold

well, if we had xixax t-shirts, that problem would be solved, now, wouldn't it?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

socketlevel

kotte - i get the sense he is very conscious of every post he makes (a quality that i could benifit from; highly respectable).  very concise!  and he seems like an intellectual yet chill kinda guy.  doesn't throw shit in your face.

pete - because he was the first guy i hated, and now actually appreciate a lot.   one of the few posters who doesn't give a candy-coated response, it's always no bullshit.  that is often an under-appreciated quality.

cinephile - because everyone on this thread has been saying how great he is but my only experience has been in opposition to his views and conduct (and in all fairness i can only assume the feeling is mutual).  i'm always up for was is real.  and if reality proved my notions wrong about this then all the better.

mac - because i'd like to talk film with him.  very often he provides the information on the details, but i would like to hear his opinions on film theory and fun; what he loves and hates.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

hedwig

OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT, SOCKETLEVEL?

maybe you didnt know this, but Hitler  JUST WANTED  to protect his child.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

alexandro's in town and gave me his number so maybe he'll be the first member i'll get to meet in the 'real life'.  i haven't changed my mind much about who i want to meet, i'd just say it must be tonsa fun to hang around in nyc with meatwad and modage .
context, context, context.

Pubrick

just so everyone knows, cos i'm pretty sure no one noticed except crono.. everything from this post onwards:
Quote from: modageout of a billion people in new york, this morning i ran into mutinyco on the train.   :shock:
is NEW, everything BEFORE that is from 2004. modage did a tricky thing (i'm guessing unintentionally), reviving the thread sep 21 2005 after the last post had been Sep 20 2004. looks seamless even if u looked at the dates

so every opinion before modage's can't be taken as 100% accurate anymore. eg. cinephile was a more ubiquitous figure, starting classic threads like it was his job; godardian actually existed; etc.

signed, Captain Obvious.
under the paving stones.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Two Lane Blacktop so we can listen to some music.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Kal

How many people are actually in NY, or LA, or one of those cities?

If there is a big group, it would be cool to organize some kind of reunion... even if it is for a film festival or something like that... but it would be cool

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Reinhold

i think mod, mutinyco, myself and stefen are reasonably close to nyc
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

meatwad

polkablues

Quote from: GamblourIf by cool you mean awkward.

Totally.  I'm picturing it now.  A room full of people who don't look at all like you imagine them.  We'd all feel like a blind person who just regained his sight, only to find his wife wasn't as attractive as he thought she was.

Or worse... we'd all meet, only to discover we had nothing at all to talk about.  The irony would be debilitating.
My house, my rules, my coffee