my photos

Started by NEON MERCURY, January 10, 2006, 06:44:15 PM

NEON MERCURY

me [as a comic book character quasi eraserhead]

im just messn around w/shit...more randomness to come

hedwig

that's a pretty cool photo.  8)

now frame it and put it on your wall. or just put SOMETHING on your walls, sheesh! barest walls ever. some suggestions:

cine

Quote from: Hedwig on January 10, 2006, 07:11:15 PM
just put SOMETHING on your walls, sheesh! barest walls ever.
yeah thats how the doctors prefer it though.

NEON MERCURY

that's a pretty cool photo.  8)

thanks man. :yabbse-thumbup:

as for posters, good choices...i would definitely roll w/ a Jesus Rocks, not a dukes [unless its the tv show]..and as for the blue velvet poster this is my fav.

Quote from: Cinephile on January 11, 2006, 01:42:35 AM
just put SOMETHING on your walls, sheesh! barest walls ever.
yeah thats how the doctors prefer it though.

:brickwall:

NEON MERCURY

outside

down the street from my house

NEON MERCURY

sorry, the novelty of taking stupid pictures and fucking them up in my cheap photo editor hasnt worn off

I Love a Magician

These all look like snapshots. If you took more time and put more thought into the compositions, I think they'd be a lot better. I do like the composition of the second picture in the last post, but the way you grayed it out ruins it. As for the other two, when you get so close to things like that, you should consider the lines and where they're leading. The line of the window frame to the very left is really distracting because it leads out of the photo. In the third picture, the very top is distracting because of that sliver of window that comes in.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a dick here.

hedwig

Quote from: I Love a Magician on January 14, 2006, 02:17:47 AM
Sorry if I'm coming off as a dick here.

no, you're just coming off as wasting your time.

I Love a Magician

On an internet message board? Why, I never...

Pubrick

Quote from: I Love a Magician on January 14, 2006, 01:21:48 PM
On an internet message board? Why, I never...
dude, pyramid machine (formerly known as neon mercury) is like the ONLY person posting pictures who is not thinking about them AT ALL. he's posting em just because he can. your criticism may be correct, but it's a waste of time if you think it's gonna help any, no need to get defensive or dicky. rookie mistake.

do you rememeber this character from Love and Death..

let him enjoy his velvet.

now, are you ever gonna post in a movie thread or have we got ourselves a mini-bigperm to the extreme?
under the paving stones.

Reinhold

the one with the water and the trees triggered a really trippy daydream. i began to think about how the branches might have looked sort of like lightning if the colors were inverted. i stared at the picture.

the daydream:  it flickered back and forth between normal and inverted color for a few times, then the colors stayed inverted. a man appeared about one third of the way into the picture from the right, walking on the water to the other bank. his back was turned; he was wearing a fedora and an old brown baggy overcoat and loose slacks with loafers. he looked up and to the left at the sky. hard, white rain began to fall and this really sad music started playing. when i tried to focus on the music to see if it was something i recognized or if it was just something i was randomly making up, i snapped out of it.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Fernando

Quote from: Pubrick on January 14, 2006, 09:01:30 PM
now, are you ever gonna post in a movie thread or have we got ourselves a mini-bigperm to the extreme?

Haha, we already had a littleperm, but no more.