Tales From the Crypt Presents - Demon Knight

Started by bonanzataz, October 02, 2003, 09:42:04 PM

bonanzataz

Demon Knight just got a new DVD from universal. the old one from image was grabbing, like, $70 on ebay because it went out of print, but this one's a lot better. it's got 5.1 sound and a much better transfer. I was running the DVD through my computer to check out all the technical stuff and found that the movie actually has a higher bitrate than Punch Drunk Love. Superbit, indeed. Anyway, I also noticed a very weird thing. On the disc is a 500 MB file of stock footage from some weird 50's production. It doesn't seem like you can access it on a dvd player, only through actually ripping the file onto your computer. it's about 10 minutes and just plays the same 1 minute clip over and over. it's really bizarre. anybody know something i don't?

later, i'll post screen caps.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Cecil

cool. i havent seen this film in a long time. but i liked it when i first saw it

bonanzataz

here are caps of the weird footage...

yeah, aside from whatever the hell that is, this movie is cool. i'm glad they rereleased it because i sure as hell wasn't paying $70 for it. what's funny is, when i found out how much they were charging for it, i only wanted to see it more. weird how that is, huh?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

aclockworkjj

Demon NIght rocks thou...I remember seeing this shit in the theaters as a punk kid.  

Billy Zane is sweet in it.

Ghostboy

I'm gonna get this ASAP. I was a huge Tales From The Crypt nut back when it came out (must have been about thirteen or so). It rocked my world. I rented it on video about four years ago or so and it still rocked. I can't wait to see it again.

FUN FACT: One of the reprinted issues of those old EC comics (I don't remember which title) has a drawing of a zombie in it by yours truly.

That footage is really weird, taz. When you first wrote about it, before you posted the caps, I thought maybe it was excerpts from the 'lost' Tales From The Crypt movie. Before Bordello Of Blood was made, another film began production, but for some reason it was shelved. Some say that it was actually completed and is sitting in a vault somewhere for unknown reasons. It was set in New Orleans during Mardis Gras. The 'Demon Knight' movie magazine that Starlog put out had a few details on it, since it was in pre-production at the time.

If I ever meet Robert Zemeckis or Joel Silver, that'll be the first thing I ask them.

modage

i loved this movie when it came out. havent seen it in a few years, (although i own the VHS), but ill have to watch it again just to make sure i should upgrade.  this was so good, and bordello of blood was such a piece of shit.  

on a related note, has anybody seen the Tales From The Crypt: Robert Zemeckis DVD? it has like 3 episodes he directed from the show on it?  sounds pretty cool, so i'll be netflixing it this month.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02on a related note, has anybody seen the Tales From The Crypt: Robert Zemeckis DVD? it has like 3 episodes he directed from the show on it?  sounds pretty cool, so i'll be netflixing it this month.

I like "Yellow" the best. It's definite homage to "Paths Of Glory" with Kirk Douglas as the lead here as well.

But I want the entire series on DVD, dammit!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinBut I want the entire series on DVD, dammit!!!
Title: Tales from the Crypt
Released: 12th July 2005
SRP: $26.98

Further Details
Warner has announced the complete first season of Tales from the Crypt which will be arriving in shops from the 12th July this year. Based on the legendary and gruesome EC Comics from publisher William Gaines, this horror anthology featured stories of murder, the super natural, gore and humor and always had a twist ending of sorts. Some of Hollywood's biggest names took part, either working in front or behind the camera. Each of the episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. Extras will be included on this one, but Warner has yet to reveal what they will be.  

sweeet.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Title: Tales from the Crypt
Released: 25th October 2005
SRP: $39.98

Further Details
Warner has today announced the second season of Tales from the Crypt which includes all eighteen uncut episodes. Each will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame, along with English 2.0 Stereo Surround tracks. As far as we know, the only extra material will be a documentary. You'll be able to own this one from the 25th October this year, with the set retailing at around $39.98. We've attached the artwork at this link: http://dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=7066&n=1&burl=

:yabbse-grin:  SEASON ONE COMES OUT THIS TUESDAY  mac, be sure to give me a review of the disc cause i probably wont be able to get it for a while.

Reel

man, the episodes really started to suck towards the end of the series, didn't they? I'm up to 7 now, and hopefully it'll have some of the one's I saw when I was younger to see how they hold up, but seasons 5 and 6 sucked pretty bad though. My favorite season is still 2.