Other actors/directors/etc. who mention PTA

Started by edison, January 18, 2008, 08:47:02 PM

private witt

Why, is the there another unwritten rule about not criticizing Liam and the roles he chooses?
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

picolas

john

Quote from: private witt on March 25, 2009, 10:42:26 PM
  He did some good work up until about 1996, but ever since he's stopped challenging himself as an actor and has instead gone for the pop-cinema buck. 

Really? Since '96, he's worked with Martin Scorsese, Neil Jordan (numerous times), Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan, and is in upcoming films by Steven Spielberg and Atom Egoyan. Now, I don't really know how much "pop-cinema buck" can be made from Breakfast on Pluto, but it certainly can't be as much as you think it is.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

private witt

Well, I certainly hope he starts pushing his craft again with his upcoming roles.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

picolas

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: private witt on March 26, 2009, 01:16:59 AM
Why, is the there another unwritten rule about not criticizing Liam and the roles he chooses?

OK moron, here comes an explanation. When Sean Penn made his original quote, he was talking about actors who fashion themselves as models and spokespeople before they do as actors. He's made other quotes like this to other sources so it's a continuing point of frustation for him. You quoted him like you were in agreement and put up Liam Neeson as your shining example. I responded and thought that was ridiculous because he seemed to be the opposite. Now I find (with your direct ignorance of my posting) that you were just criticizing his choice of roles even though that had nothing to do with Penn's original statement.

Yes, you're fucking ridiculous and congratulations, because I try to be the last person here that resorts to name calling or slamming, but you continue to outdue yourself.

Alexandro

what the fuck is this? liam neeson was awesome in fucking kinsey. that should be enough. he rocked in gangs of new york too. and is spielberg ever does his damn lincoln movie he will kick ass there also. jesus.

picolas

i bet he'll respond with something that ignores what people are saying. just a guess.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on March 25, 2009, 11:06:29 PM
Damn, we're really roasting Private Witt.

I've been in his situation before. Trying to integrate myself into an already established userbase, but keep getting my posts dissected.

Stick in there, man. You'll learn the ropes.

haha! you rule 8)

but witt, seriously, you did two things wrong in my book...you picked on a guy who's

1.) wife just died
2.) and of all the actors you come up w/liam.....????

by the way, you need to be nice to me

Stefen

To be fair, Witt made the post about Neeson before Natasha had even had the accident or died.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on March 26, 2009, 11:11:21 PM
To be fair, Witt made the post about Neeson before Natasha had even had the accident or died.

touche  :doh:

the edit button is mine/witt's friend

SiliasRuby

Witt hasn't answered, perhaps GT scared him off with his intellectualism.....j/k GT we all still love you....
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: SiliasRuby on March 27, 2009, 05:23:49 PM
Witt hasn't answered, perhaps GT scared him off with his intellectualism.....j/k GT we all still love you....

I countered him with fact based opinion, but I lowered my position with the name calling. He doesn't need to reply to me because of that, but I don't care anyways.