Best Nightmare

Started by Banky, April 30, 2003, 09:43:50 PM

bonanzataz

i thought 6 was pretty funny. i rather enjoyed it. the worst by far is number 5.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

NEON MERCURY

I finally have all of them..i got the box set the ghetto way.  i bought all of them individually and found the bonus encyclopedia disk used...so i guess thats cool.........

but before i break this sh*t down for yous... i would like to point out that the nightmare series are my favorite horror films...even w/o seeing all of them i felt this way..but now i have seen them all...

-my favorite one.  i think that the whole idea of freddy killing you in your dreams is a brilliant premise to horror films...when this came out i saw it and got freaked the phuck out as a kid.  i though tit was cool that people usually had nightmares when they see a scary film and the freddy killing you in your dream sh*t was brilliant.. the viewer is phucked either way....but everything about this film is great, 80s horror nostalgia, cool premise, gore, [the bed blender], everything, oh and the 1 2 freddy coming 4 u sh*t is cool.and the end is great.

-what a phucking letdown.  usually when the follow up a horror movie they turn up the gore and go!  but this one kind of sucks.. tis got some cool shit like the 'outer body experience" scene.  but really its a major letdown.  although the grilling scenes were reminiscant of high school days.

-this one is funny as sh*t. its got cool deaths and funky toothe morpheus, and patricia.  and i like the 'wizard' guy for pure cheesyness.  and the puppet death is killer.  oh and the tv face plant..hahahaha

-i actaully like this on ealot.. its directed w/ some skill. its got a slick, well crafted vibe... and the water bed kill and the kiss of death is great sh*t. ..the black guy who plays kincaid has a nnoying vioce but i deal w/ it..fredy one liners are funny ina a freddy one liner kind of way...and i like the ghey song that opens up the movie. ..and i like the way freddy regenerates..oh, and the karate kid is funny..

-this one sucks...but i must mention this film features the most stupidest person ever in a nightmare film ..the comic geek ...and the "take one me"
death was a pathetic rip on a-ha

-this just funny.  its got some great deaths and i like how it throws a curve ball at you mid way...and it features some nice props out to the power glove from nintendo and twin peaks.....and i like the montage during the credits

well,  iam am now to lazy to post a pic of wes cravens new nightmare

...but i think its a brilliant and a perfect bookend to the series.  it started off as a col idea and it ended cool to ..i liked the whole "movie w/ in a movie" that goes on in this film...and its a precurssor to scream obviously.but its a good film...............

LostEraser

Dude, I was raised by Freddy Krueger. This series is what started it all for me as far as wanting to make films. For some it was Star Wars or E. T. but for me it was the Nightmare On Elm Street series (which might explina why I'm so demented. The first one is obviously the best of the regular series, but I actually think Wes Cravens New Nightmare is a masterpiece. I think it actually kind of transcends the other Nightmare movies and is perfect film on it's own. With the whole what's real and what's not plot line and it showing the effect horror movies have on society. Brilliant.
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

MacGuffin

Freddy Krueger: The Prequel

This should come as no surprise to anyone who hangs in the horror end of the movie pool, but New Line is apparently gearing up to give us an all-new Freddy Krueger misadventure. No, not another sequel or an odd little experiment like New Nightmare -- but a prequel that plans to cover the back-story of the pre-dead Freddy Krueger, his unseemly relationship with numerous small children, and the neighborhood parents who strike back ... thereby creating an undead boogeyman who'll haunt them for the next 8 movies.

Those never-slumbering horror geeks at BD.com got word recently that a director has been chosen for this project, an admired and established filmmaker who is certainly no stranger to scary cinema. And that director is ... John McNaughton, the filmmaker who debuted with the undeniably creepy Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer before moving on to crime dramas (Mad Dog & Glory), pulpy sex thrillers (Wild Things), and comedies so bad they never saw a stateside theatrical release (Speaking of Sex). No word yet on screenwriters, release dates, or cast additions, but McNaughton and Robert Englund (Krueger, Fred Krueger) are apparently already on board.

So ... Jason and Freddy do battle in their combo movie, and then each of the beloved slashers get their own "origin story" prequel. Smart move, if only from a "squeezing the last drops of blood from two popular franchises" perspective.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

New Line's "Nightmare" DVD extras make the cut

At a time when horror films are enjoying a resurgence at the box office, New Line Home Entertainment is going into its vault to bring to DVD one of the most notorious teen slasher movies ever made.

The original 1984 "A Nightmare on Elm Street" which spawned eight feature films, a TV series and a new wave of teen chillers, is being prepped for a special-edition DVD release September 26 as part of the studio's premier "infinifilm" line.

Using the "infinifilm" option, viewers can access behind-the-scenes documentaries, interviews and other extras as they are watching the film, so the bonus materials can be digested in context.

Among the bonus features New Line is preparing are audio essays with director Wes Craven and star Robert Englund, documentaries on the franchise's origins and its legacy, a trivia challenge and a making-of feature.

"Many DVD features that are now considered the standards of the home entertainment experience were born at New Line, and we continue to push the envelope," New Line Home Entertainment president and chief operating officer Stephen Einhorn said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Director talks Young Freddy Krueger movie
Source: Moviehole

His Christmas jumper is as worn as a cockroach chained to a treadmill, but you can't keep a good horror icon down, can ya?

For a couple of years now, the rumour mill has been abuzz that both the powers-that-be and director John McNaughton ("Henry: Portal of a Serial Killer") are working on a prequel to "A Nightmare on Elm Street" – a film that will detail Freddy Krueger's welcome transformation into earthly child molester to the burnt demon with long nails that we know best. Details have been light to say the least, though.

Fangoria had the chance to catch up with McNaughton to see whether there's any possibility the "Elm Street" prequel may get up.

"Well, [New Line and I] talked about it, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them," he says. "They approached me because of Henry [Portrait : Of a Serial Killer], since they want to make a serious film about Freddy Krueger and his early days as a school janitor. Freddy's just a living person at that point, and this would seem more like a real story. It wouldn't be supernatural, and it will recount the days when he used to kidnap young girls—and actually also boys—to rape and murder them."

McNaughton, who is prepping a sequel to "Henry", says he and New Line may be on the same page when it comes to the script, but as yet, there isn't one.

"This process obviously takes a long time and there's no actual screenplay yet, just an idea of what the movie should be about. Let's say I haven't received the check yet," the director laughs. "However, I do have a writer in mind whom I would like to write the new Nightmare: His name is R.J. Tsarov, and he wrote the stage play I just directed. He's a true talent and has a very original vision."

Someone flying the flag for the film is – and its always good when the headline act gives the idea the thumbs up – actor Robert Englund, who's keen to play this version of Krueger.

In an interview with The Chicago Sun Times a wee bit back, Englund said "It takes a look at the crimes that caused the townspeople to burn Freddy alive in the first place. It intrigues me because I'm fascinated by the lives and motivations of serial killers. Plus, I'd get to do the Freddy movie without the makeup".

I'd love nothing more than to see this long-gestating idea come to fruition. I really would. The outline for it is apparently terrific. Best of all, its rather original. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Craven even lent his name to it (not that getting his name attached to a film is a hard feat these days).

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 04, 2006, 11:16:59 AM
Someone flying the flag for the film is – and its always good when the headline act gives the idea the thumbs up – actor Robert Englund, who's keen to play this version of Krueger.

surprise surprise...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls