Madonna ;)

Started by NEON MERCURY, January 25, 2004, 10:57:56 PM

NEON MERCURY

....whats is her "least worst performance"......?

or is she underrated ..and should be considered alongside other actresses like streep, hepburn, cardinale, morton, clarkson, connely, moore, etc.......

i think she was alright in .....body of evidence......... 8)

Alethia

a league of their own

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

I think Madonna should stop acting and just go back to  her real talent ... erm... uh... yeah, I'll get back to you on that.

©brad

she was good in evita.

Gloria

Quote from: ©bradshe was good in evita.

I thought she was tolerable in Evita.  The only time she actually doesn't completely suck is when she plays a character a lot like herself....like in Dick Tracey or even A League of Their Own (even then she is just so-so).  When it comes to really acting...she falls short.

Alethia

i must say - i am one of the few that may have kinda enjoyed swept away........its not good by any means but thats kinda why i enjoyed it

myadopteddaughter

I don't really care for madonna as an actress, or as a singer for that matter.
as a person, however, she seems pretty cool. Every interview with her is interesting.
she wrote a children's book called "The English Roses" and it is probably one the best children's books I've read it awhile. It's sure to become a classic in my opinion.
mmm, mmmm good

Banky

Ernie

Quote from: Banky

Beat me to it. She's like the best pop singer there ever was, or at least one of the top 5 so who really cares if she can't act all that well....she's awesome.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ebeamanShe's like the best pop singer there ever was, or at least one of the top 5 so who really cares if she can't act all that well.....

Because she takes parts away from actresses who can act. You said it, she's the best pop singer and that's fine, but she should not continually  try to do something she cannot and will not ever be able to do.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Finn

Madonna has the worst reputation as an actress right now.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

molly

worse than Elizabeth Hurley?

ono

Quote from: mollyworse than Elizabeth Hurley?
W-wait.  Elizabeth Hurley is an actress?!

molly

she did appear on big screen a couple of times