My Movie Friend

Started by Finn, May 30, 2005, 04:42:40 PM

Thrindle

He was so over the top on Oprah (yeah, I watch Oprah on occasion).  He was so all about love and happiness and the human race and yadda fucking yadda.

What a fraud (another f word also applies).
Classic.

MacGuffin

Quote from: ThrindleHe was so all about love and happiness and the human race and yadda fucking yadda.

What a fraud (another f word also applies).

Flaming Scientologist?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thrindle

Quote from: MacGuffinFlaming Scientologist?
Precisely.
Classic.

Stefen

How tiny is he really? And was he very intimidating?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Finn

Quote from: matt35mmDude, these people are dissing your friend!  Are you gonna just lay down and take this shit?!?

(That was my Stefan-like post for the day)

I can't really argue with them. They're kinda right in some ways.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Pubrick

i don't get it, is ur movie friend filmcritic?

cos he sounds like a goddamn retard.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pubricki don't get it, is ur movie friend filmcritic?

cos he sounds like a goddamn retard.

Buuuuuuuuuurn.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

jtm

Quote from: StefenHow tiny is he really? And was he very intimidating?

oh yeah, he's a tiny lil fucker. i'm 6'1" and he came up to about my neck. he's got little effeminate hands too and the grip of a 12 year old boy.... he was intimidating, but that's prolly due to the fact that he's Tom Cruise and my first interaction with him was him screaming at me at the top of his lungs.

i got a few more stories i'll share later.

NEON MERCURY

cube gooding junior:  my movie friend who repairs and sells ice cream out of an ice cream truck went up to cuba gooding and skeet ulrich during the LA premier of chill factor.  my movie friend went up to cuba and said "yo you acting less bitch i hate da way you drive that fuckign ice cream van in the movie.  it was so unatural and suck  my cookies and cream filled cock"  cuba said "no".

RegularKarate

JTM, I think your story's been topped.

Neon?  He repairs Ice Cream?  How much for a limp popsicle?

Sleuth

This is EXACTLY why the thread had to continue. :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:
I like to hug dogs

when i was an unpaid extra on cidade de deus, seu jorge and i started talking about soccer and having coffee, matheus nachtergale was walking backwards and made seu spill it on his shirt, this angered him and he took his shirt off, he told me he was sick of this bullshit, that this was a waste of our lives, he said i should join him in the artic, he said he'd never seen snow before, had i? i shook my head and took my shirt off too, he said come, brother, to the hills, and we set off on foot leaving a crew looking puzzled and faintly shouting by the time we reached the forest, by september we had made it finally to the shore of the bellinghausen, where we slaughtered polar bears and used their hides for warmth, and seu became fascinated with the walrus we were observing during a rest. he said they were fascinating creatures and i said we should keep our distance, they look dangerous, but i don't think he heard me. he began walking off slowly, fixated, i called after him, quietly, so as not to call attention to him, but he picked up speed, i finally began to run after him, and my added presence triggered the periphreal vision of one of the bigger ones, i saw now there were maybe seven of them in varying size, from the little research i had done, i could tell one of them was a mother, and deduced that the father was the one paying attention to us, and he lifted his head, his tusks seemed like pillars of marble that i could wrap my arms around and my fingertips would not meet, seu began talking to himself, shivering his speech,, i saw him draw his bayonet, and i started to lose my footing, my moccassins soaked and failing me, i watched helplessly as the giant sea mammal lifted his forepaw, and struck seu with the back of it, making him coast through the snow for several yards, i couldn't make him out and he appeared to be buried under thick layers of it, upon inspection, and then he got on his hands and knees, shaking the wetness from his head and face, and ran towards him again, leaping into the air and for a moment he was dark fiery blemish on the grey horizon, the splinter of sun bathing his blade in a silver reflection that burned my eyes before i could squinet and he landed a blow into the solar plexus of the beast, with a thick wet sound, and he fell to the snow as if weilding the tool had taken all energy out of him, the beast stood there, dazed,  tapping his tusks on the handle of the bayonet. his attacker looked up suddenly , and stood, calmly inspecting what he had done, unaffected by the proximity of this dangerous creature. i heard him say something into the breast of the beast, and i think i saw his face touch its skin, before he turned and walked toward me. behind him, the beast slowly laid down and filled the perimeter with dark pools of black. seu stopped in front of me and offered his hand, to help me to my feet. i readjusted my mammoth cloak and he asked for my light, i sparked the flint for him and he lit his cigarillo, looking away from the creature, back towards our path, his eyes were slit into bright slices and he exhaled a cloud of dark breath, whispering 'that animal killed my sister'. he began to walk again, and i followed him, watching the sky, unspeaking.

Gabe

^^^ Good variation  :-D  

Macauly Culkin:

7 years ago, my aunt was working at a very fancy ski resort up in Vermont as a waitress. Macauly Culkin came in, sat down, looked up and down the menu, and then ordered a cheeseburger. Knowing the menu didn't have cheeseburgers listed as an item, my aunt told him that there were no cheeseburgers at the resort. he looked up at his assistant and said " I want a cheesburger ." And after a discussion with the manager of the resort, an employee ended up going to another restaurant and getting him a cheeseburger.

EDIT: Paul Thomas Anderson, Kirsten Dunst, And Julia Roberts

My digital filmmaking teacher Rodrigo Bellot was invited to the premier of Punch Drunk Love. He was seated next to Julia Roberts and In front of Kirsten Dunst. The whole Movie Kirsten was tapping his seat with her foot, and conversing with Roberts. After the movie Rigo asked Paul Thomas Anderson about some thematic element in the film ( I never asked what ) and Paul basically blew him off saying " I was high, man. " So now my teacher discredits PTA's work.

Rodrigo may have been asking  too analytical a question about something that just comes naturally for other filmmakers whereas he thinks that everything in art has to be implied. However I'd have to know for sure what question he asked to know if it was really a blow off and PTA didn't feel like getting 'deep' with a stranger on Premier night or if it was an honest answer.

EDIT: The Indian From " Indian In the Cupboard " Signed the back of my shirt when I was 8 at one of his concerts! I had to boost him on my shoulders just so he could Reach!