My Movie Friend

Started by Finn, May 30, 2005, 04:42:40 PM

Finn

I'm friends with this guy named who's part of the commitee of The Grammys. Here's some of the experiences he's had with certain celebrities:

Joe Mantegna - He steps on to an elevator at a huge convention and finds Mantegna alone in the elevator. He pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket and asks Mantegna if he can get his autograph. Mantegna was totally rude about the whole thing and turned him down.

Christina Ricci - He took one of his movie buff friends to a celebrity convention one time and they saw Christina Ricci. His friend thought it was Thora Birch but he told him it had to be Ricci. But his friend walked up to her anyways and said "Thora Birch?". It was really Christina Ricci and she turned around to him and said "Fuck you!".

Those were some of the bad experiences he had with celebrties. He said people like Tom Cruise, Gwyneth Paltrow, Edward Norton and some others were really cool about the autographs though. He says it's okay if they don't wanna do the autograph, but they don't have to be rude about it.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

meatball

Tell us the good stories.

03 approves by the way.

RegularKarate

Your friend Shawn sounds like a dipshit.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The snow day reference was funny...  but come to think of it, your friend Shawn sounds like a jerk, himself.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Thrindle

As though he's looking to start celebrity fights...
Classic.

Sleuth

This was a GREAT thread idea, keep it going I say
I like to hug dogs

matt35mm

Dude, these people are dissing your friend!  Are you gonna just lay down and take this shit?!?

(That was my Stefan-like post for the day)

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

jtm

Quote from: SleuthThis was a GREAT thread idea, keep it going I say

i got one............. i worked a couple days as a PA on Mission Impossible 2 doing pickup shots for the car chase, and my job was to make sure no one drives down this one road that led from base camp because it would have put them right on the road the chase was.  so i'm chilling there, smoking a cig when all the sudden a black car with tinted windows pulls up.  i tell the driver no one can pass as we're just about to roll, he say's "no problem"  then i here some one screaming from the back seat "JUST FUCKING GO!!!"  the driver tells him that i won't let them pass, and all of the sudden the window rolls down, and who is it? you guessed it, Tom muthafuckin Cruise. he starts screaming obscenities at me telling me to move the cones and get the fuck out of the way. at one point he even dropped the famous "don't u know who i am?" line....finally the 2nd AD runs over to see what's up and we both politely tell him it's too dangerous and it's to his and the stunt drivers best interest to wait 10 minutes until we do the shot. so he starts screaming at his driver to just run over the cones so the driver does, nearly taking out the 2nd. right as he drives away the 1st AD yells "rolling" i scream "bogey" into the walkie (code for some ones in the shot) and the 1st AD screams cut as Tom pulls onto the road eventually blocked by the two oncoming stunt cars... the 1st AD runs up and starts screaming at Tom "WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU, I DON'T CARE IF THIS IS UR MOVIE UR GONNA FUCKING GET SOMEBODY KILLED!!?" or sumthin to that effect..... finally Tom apologizes to the AD's and myself and goes on his merry little way.

people on the set who worked on most of the flick said he was usually a really nice guy, so i just figure he was in a REAL bad mood.

Cruise Launches War on Psychiatrists

Tom Cruise has declared a public war on psychiatrists because he fears the "pseudo-science" has led to a drug-fuelled crisis for today's children. The movie hunk was diagnosed as dyslexic when he was just seven, and doctors suggested he should take drugs to control his learning problems. Memories of that part of his childhood fuelled Cruise to seek alternative ways of overcoming his dyslexia - a problem that led him to the Church of Scientology's educational programs. Becoming a scientologist in 1984 made the actor look closely at the controversial religion's anti-psychiatry stance, and he has since become a firm believer that the science and the medicating of children is wrong. Speaking exclusively to US news show Access Hollywood as part of a week-long special about his scientology beliefs, the movie hunk declares, "I'm going right after psychiatry and these false labels and this pseudo-science. I was diagnosed as dyslexic; I had a lot of energy as a child. They wanted to put me on drugs... Never did; my mother said no, absolutely not, no way and I'm thankful. Had I been put on those drugs, I never would be here today... I never would have had the career that I'm having. Am I making people aware of it by discussing it openly and saying what a fraud psychiatry is? You bet I am. I feel a responsibility because I care..." The actor also maintains that poor results in education in America can be blamed on mind-altering drugs that are given to children. He adds, "SAT (exam) scores have gone right down the toilet. The parents are blaming the teachers, the teachers are blaming the parents and the psychs are putting everyone on drugs."
context, context, context.

Gamblour.

This confirms my theory that Tom Cruise is an idiot.

Btw, JTM, that was a great story.
WWPTAD?

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

meatball

JTM, can you tell us more how he apologized?

jtm

it was brief. first he apologized to the AD's. then he came up to me, asked me my name, shook my hand, said "i'm sorry" and split.