Final Questions for PTA Q & A

Started by depooter, November 09, 2003, 07:18:07 PM

travisbickle1000

QuoteLot of people stand by the theory that Lena was an alien from outer space based on a few things you said and all the lunar footage shown on TV. Thoughts?

no offense, but its in my humble opinion that this question is not only a waste of time, but also something that we really shouldnt know. PT is famous for maintaining mystery in his movies, so even if the alien theory is true i dont expect him to ever let us know. but even more than that, what do you guys think about that  kubrick qoute, something about how if we knew exactly what was going through mona lisa's head, no one could apreciate her? we all have our theories of what things represent in PT's movies, but dont you think that if he told us exactly what they meant, it might be a little dissapointing?

Gamblour.

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreScorsese doesn't really do dark comedies.

King Of Comedy
After Hours
Bringing Out The Dead

Well, considering that's about a tenth of his body of work, and it's 100% of Wes Anderson's, it's a little weird. But a decent choice nonetheless. I'll see if I can't find the article.

Edit: Found it: http://www.wesanderson.org/articles/2002/goodfellas.html

Haven't read it yet.
WWPTAD?

Derek

Quote from: travisbickle1000
QuoteLot of people stand by the theory that Lena was an alien from outer space based on a few things you said and all the lunar footage shown on TV. Thoughts?

no offense, but its in my humble opinion that this question is not only a waste of time, but also something that we really shouldnt know. PT is famous for maintaining mystery in his movies, so even if the alien theory is true i dont expect him to ever let us know. but even more than that, what do you guys think about that  kubrick qoute, something about how if we knew exactly what was going through mona lisa's head, no one could apreciate her? we all have our theories of what things represent in PT's movies, but dont you think that if he told us exactly what they meant, it might be a little dissapointing?

Yeah, that question is a waste of a question. More on his next project would be nice, although I expect his answer to be vague, cryptic or both. Asking him about the state of movies, is a good question, though the question about Andy Serkis would kind of put him on the spot, where he'd be obliged to say something complimentary back to Serkis.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Slick Shoes

i think greg needs his car waxed for this. any volunteers?

kotte

I gotta say the questions are good.

he's being great, letting us ask fucking PTA questions...

express your feelings but 'weak, weak, weak' is just not nice.

Gamblour.

Who are we kidding? I know that I'll be happy no matter what questions he answers. We should ask him which emoticon is his favorite.
WWPTAD?

kotte

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreWho are we kidding? I know that I'll be happy no matter what questions he answers. We should ask him which emoticon is his favorite.

yeah...and what he knows about XIXAX...someone got a "to xixax" autograph from him...it was posted here.
Sound like a Brad Pitt fan girl...but wouldn't it be great if he checked in here without us knowing?  :oops:

Alethia

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreWho are we kidding? I know that I'll be happy no matter what questions he answers. We should ask him which emoticon is his favorite.

yeah...and what he knows about XIXAX...someone got a "to xixax" autograph from him...it was posted here.
Sound like a Brad Pitt fan girl...but wouldn't it be great if he checked in here without us knowing?  :oops:

not entirely....

aclockworkjj

Quote from: kotte...but wouldn't it be great if he checked in here without us knowing?  :oops:
he's the 360 people that registered and never posted anything...   :wink:

The Silver Bullet

QuoteHe said Wes Anderson? That's kinda suprising.
I don't think Scorsese was thinking in terms of style. I think he was just talking in terms of being a damned good filmmaker. You'll notice in his top ten of the 1990s, he names Bottle Rocket. I think he just really likes Wes Anderson as a filmmaker.

And good for him.
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

molly

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: kotte...but wouldn't it be great if he checked in here without us knowing?  :oops:
he's the 360 people that registered and never posted anything...   :wink:

360 people? Jesus...

SoNowThen

Quote from: Gamblor the Manwhore
Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreScorsese doesn't really do dark comedies.

King Of Comedy
After Hours
Bringing Out The Dead

Well, considering that's about a tenth of his body of work, and it's 100% of Wes Anderson's, it's a little weird. But a decent choice nonetheless. I'll see if I can't find the article.

Edit: Found it: http://www.wesanderson.org/articles/2002/goodfellas.html

Haven't read it yet.

One sixth, to be more exact.

That's a great article!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Redlum

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
QuoteHe said Wes Anderson? That's kinda suprising.
I don't think Scorsese was thinking in terms of style. I think he was just talking in terms of being a damned good filmmaker. You'll notice in his top ten of the 1990s, he names Bottle Rocket. I think he just really likes Wes Anderson as a filmmaker.

And good for him.

Damn right!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

sickfins

Quote from: kotteSound like a Brad Pitt fan girl...but wouldn't it be great if he checked in here without us knowing?  :oops:

:yabbse-wink:

silly rabbits