Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

MacGuffin

One day the site will be gone and you'll sad. Prevent post-xixaxum syndrome by donating.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reinhold

Quote from: kal on February 09, 2011, 07:42:13 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on February 09, 2011, 06:00:27 PM
Did you win money off the Super Bowl? Use that cash toward saving xixax. Still a ways from our goal.

How much are we missing Mac? I already donated. If I donate more we would have to change the name to KalXax.

yeah, how much are we talking that's left to raise? i chipped in but i have no idea if what i contributed makes a difference. i'm ridiculously broke at the moment but i won't be in a couple of weeks and i can help a little more at that time if there's still a need. if you don't want to put up numbers, maybe an infographic showing what we have, what's left to be comfortable, and what's left to hit the minimum would be helpful.

edit: grabbed the quote from the wrong post. yay drunk posting
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

We should have a drunkpostathon to raise money for the site sometime. I don't know how it would work, but we should all set aside a night where we all just get drunk together and post and post in a bunch of threads and have a bunch of conversations about every movie, band and topic ever like we're at a bar or something. We should all just drunk post together sometime.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

If that's not the best idea ever, I don't know what is (electricity, maybe)

haven't donated yet this year because i'm a douche but i will, i always coms here from iphone or work these past weeks so paypal is no-no. Lame excuse i know. Ill donate.

polkablues

You guys were totally fooled, weren't you?

Everything should be back to normal, save a logo issue which is pending while someone who knows more about this shit than I do figures out how to switch it back.

Everyone whose names and profile pictures were changed can revert them back themselves.  April Fools!   :rofl:
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

Quote from: polkablues on April 02, 2011, 12:08:42 PM
Everyone whose names and profile pictures were changed can revert them back themselves.  April Fools!   :rofl:

haha, you guys actually did that to people? Hillllariouss

polkablues

Logo is fixed; if you're still seeing the Stefen logo like I was, clear your cache.

Stefen

That was a pretty good April Fools day joke.  :bravo:

I don't think it will ever be topped.

But I'm biased.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Next year we'll just do the exact same thing but with Pas.

Stefen

He has pics where he's wearing a goofy mustache that we can use, too. I've seen them.

Kal

Perhaps we need to create a new site for Stefen that runs all year. It may be more successful and popular than this one.

Reinhold

Quote from: kalville on April 02, 2011, 05:26:24 PM
Perhaps we need to create a new Stefen for Stefen that runs all year. It may be more Stefen and Stefen than this Stefen.

+1
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ono

Just saw the scroll lamenting the state of this place.  I really don't think it's so bad.  I still stop by almost every day.  I just don't have much to say, and don't see nearly as many movies as I used to (no art houses close by, and who wants to pay to sit with a bunch of strangers).  I did however vacation in Alabama a few weeks ago, and I saw a couple good movies at the dollar theatre there that were still relatively new.  The place was PACKED on a Saturday night, which was pretty great.

Seems to be a TV renaissance of sorts, too (and has been for the past several years).  Greatly loking forward to Breaking Bad this summer, and Mad Men in 2012.

Jeremy Blackman

I don't know how many people use this feature, but please at least try it out:

http://xixax.com/index.php?action=unread

Bookmark it.

matt35mm

I assumed that everybody used that. I don't even know how I would use this or any forum without it.