I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The purpose of this thread is just to see who's getting or has gotten what most recently.  I usually get inspired to listen to music from the "Now Playing..." thread in Real-Life Soundtracks section, so this is just to inspire people to get movies, because I have such a long list, I forget some that I need.  So this place is just to say what you got, recommend it or whatever.  

Today I got Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut on DVD.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Find Your Magali

A big shout-out to my buddy ebeaman on "Lucas." ... Long live Corey Haim!

My pickups this week:

The Party's Over
The Adventures of Indiana Jones box set
The Last Man on Earth
Pleasantville

modage

-Indiana Jones box set
-Halloween 25th Anniversary Edition
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre Re-Issue
-Young Frankenstein
-Mullholland Dr.
-Nightmare On Elm St.
-Nightmare On Elm St. 3
-Night Of The Living Dead
-The Matrix Reloaded
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

North by Northwest
In the Mood for Love
Annie Hall (for my g/f)
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pedro

Where do you get your money, mac?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

He robs Fort Knox.  Sure he could just rob the movie stores, but then the directors wouldn't their fair share.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alethia

i just bought For a Few Dollars More for 2.99.......bout to watch it!

SHAFTR

Quote from: ewardi just bought For a Few Dollars More for 2.99.......bout to watch it!

I've only see Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and currently 1/3 of the way through The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

I really love For a Few Dollars More.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Finn

28 Days Later, The Exorcist Box Set (on sale for 9.99!)
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

BonBon85

Because I'm too poor to get the Criterion even though I'll probably regret it later.

Finn

I've been meaning to get Brazil on Criterion for a long time now.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Alethia

do, you wont regret it, man.

Ernie

QuoteA big shout-out to my buddy ebeaman on "Lucas." ... Long live Corey Haim!

I really gotta credit you on the last-minute addition of it to the cart Magali, I added it right after you mentioned it in the Lynch thread. There was a reason for me not buying it the day it came out that I can't remember for the life of me but it doesn't matter anyway, there's really no excuse so I won't even try. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote from: SydneyThe Exorcist Box Set (on sale for 9.99!)

I want to see the second one just so I can see what a Scorsese guilty pleasure looks like, and then it's one of the many movies that recieved Pauline Kael's surprising praise out of nowhere...those are always fun. But is it even worth it? I'm asking everbody here.

Quote from: Pedro the WombatWhere do you get your money, mac?

Seriously, I wanna see on of those VH1 "Fabulous Life Of" episodes featuring Mac for the sole reason of learning how to buy dvd's by the 10-15's. I still have to catch up on The Godfather box set for christ's sake, Back to the Future too, I won't have Indiana Jones for another 2-3 years.