South By Southwest (& Other Music Festivals)

Started by RegularKarate, February 24, 2004, 02:03:32 PM

mogwai

the bee fucking 52's???

anyways, don't miss the hives, you should definitely check them out.

modage

Quote from: mogwaianyways, don't miss the hives, you should definitely check them out.
2 years ago they kicked my ASS live.  i had no idea.  :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

Baptist Generals
Eugene Mirman is a pretty funny comedian

The Unicorns are okay

and the Coachwhips are supposed to be really good too

also Frank Jordan

I haven't heard those last two, though
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Are you going Sloyj?  Or were you just checking out the lineup?

Either way, thanks... I'll try to check them out too.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

mogwai

Quote from: themodernage022 years ago they kicked my ASS live.  i had no idea.  :shock:
you should be proud. admit it.

modage

i admit it, they were on that nite  one of the best live acts i've ever seen.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

phil marlowe

Quote from: RegularKarateSecret Chiefs 3
exelente!

in spirit of tradition i will go to roskilde festival this summer, not many offical names yeat though but i'll properbly check out these:

david bowie
meshuggah
pixies
the hives
raised fist

...and i hope for the chiefs to

Quote from: RegularKarateAnyone else going to this festival? And if so, do you know of any of the other bands that are playing that I should check out?
i visited the site but their were too many to look through but i happen to know that the dillinger escapeplan will play there. would be crazy not to chack them out.

Film Student

Quote from: phil marlowe

in spirit of tradition i will go to roskilde festival this summer, not many offical names yeat though but i'll properbly check out these:

meshuggah

saw them in concert... they were really terrible...
"I think you have to be careful to not become a blowhard."
                                                                          --Ann Coulter

phil marlowe

Quote from: Film Studentsaw them in concert... they were really terrible...
how where they terrible? maybe it's just not your thingy but i know for a fact that they're exelent musicians and that they are doing something a bit new. their rythms is supposed to weird and dragging ya know

Sleuth

how where they terrible? maybe it's just not your thingy but i know for a fact that they're exelent musicians and that they are doing something a bit new. their rythms is supposed to weird and dragging ya know

Nothing is better for anger than Meshuggah
I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Quote from: Sloyj

dillinger escape plan

Sleuth

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: Sloyj

dillinger escape plan

Fuck off(playfully), fuck off (not playful)
I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

sloyj has a fetish for anything swedish metal

RegularKarate

Bumping this thread to report

Modest Mouse: Awesome... almost didn't get in, but did... and they were good.

I am the World Trade Center:  Who the fuck told me these guys were good?  This was the most ridiculously funny shit.  They had a keyboard and a machine that goes **boodoodoodoodoo** when you put your hand over it.  They were dancing around the stage like a fucking christian band... all smiley and playing un-miked tamborines.

Estradasphere:  Fucking amazing group.  Banjos, accordians, violins, heavy metal, jazz... shit... they were all over the place.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum: Kind of cool, but unimpressive following Estradasphere.

Pedro The Lion:  Really good.  Great thing about this guy is that he really talks to the audience.  They stopped after a few songs and said "so... any questions?"... when people would randomly yell shit out between songs, he would say "What?" and respond to what they said.

Against Me:  These guys played some decent music, but there should be a rule that you can't be a band that's on a "Punks for voting" showcase and Anarchists at the same time.

David Cross:  Yeah, he's not a band, but he did his stand up during the punk showcase.  He was funny as always, but his act was cut short because Jello Biafra (who's not funny or interesting anymore) wouldn't shut up when "introducing" him and it ate into his alloted time.

Aesop Rock:  This was fun, but he didn't play many of the songs I really like and he was a little too "put your hands in the air" for my tastes.

RJD2: He's a pretty cool DJ.  He was spinning for Aesop and he did a solo set afterwards.  It was pretty cool.

I saw a lot of other bands, but I can't remember all thier names.

Oh, I DID see the lead singer of Everclear at Spaghetti Warehouse.