Summer gigs

Started by Jack Sparrow, May 12, 2003, 11:56:53 AM

meatwad

Going to Bonnaroo NE. Dylan, Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds, The Dead, Tom Petty, String Cheese Incident, moe., rusted root, cut chemist, common, talib kweli, and many more.

//www.thestate22.com

modage

WILCO/SONIC YOUTH

ELLIOTT SMITH twice

FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Newtron

Quote from: themodernage02Radiohead
Beck
Sigur Ros
Elliott Smith
Blur
Beastie Boys
Bright Eyes
Ben Kweller
Spiritualized
Interpol
Beth Orton
etc.

at FIELD DAY FEST in ny

and WILCO/SONIC YOUTH

and ELLIOTT SMITH again.

and possibly FOUNTAINS OF WAYNE
I envy you.

moonshiner

Quote from: modernage02Radiohead
Beck
Sigur Ros
Elliott Smith
Blur
Beastie Boys
Bright Eyes
Ben Kweller
Spiritualized
Interpol
Beth Orton
etc.

at FIELD DAY FEST in ny

and WILCO/SONIC YOUTH

and ELLIOTT SMITH again.

I hate you, really...if i went to Field Day i would need to go to both days, and i can't afford anything right now.....
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

aclockworkjj

If any of you live in the Midwest (states)....you should check out Summerfest on Milwaukee's lakefront....runs the last week in June and into July....it's a 10 day music festival with tons of really cool bands playing for free, as well as the big time headliners for a few dollars more....good time, and lots of beer and hunnies (although, this is the only week of the year Milwaukee actually has hunnies).... www.summerfest.com

As for me, I will probably just go see the Jack Johnson/ Ben Harper show...and numberous little jazz fests...

godardian

I might go see the Buzzocks next month.

It has to be a show I really have a very personal and urgent interest in seeing... I'm getting too old for this stuff. The smoke, the kids, the late hours... I start to get cranky and need to go to bed.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

godardian

David Bowie's "Drive in Saturday" and "Cracked Actor" are both about the movies, in a way. Esp. "Saturday," with it's "the video films that we saw" (in 1974!).
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Pedro

As of now I'm going to Lollapalooza and hitting Aimee Mann as well., along with a possible Steely Dan show

i hope

Sigur Rós

Xzibit was just added to the Roskilde program!  :-D

Dirk

Sigur Ros are gonna announce that they cannot make the Field Day Festival anymore  :(  (I wasn't going anyway, but still)
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

modage

i am also going to announce that i will no longer be attending the field day festival anymore.  my summer is crushed.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Sigur RósXzibit was just added to the Roskilde program!  :-D
Xzibit pulled out of Hultsfred and that will probably mean that he will not show up at Roskilde either.

Nope, he will be there. He was added yesterday  :wink:

...So, called what you wanna call it!, I'm a fucking alkaholic!

sexterossa

blur
spoon
bjork

and possibly supergrass if they have a good opener.
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

godardian

Quote from: sexterossablur
spoon
bjork

and possibly supergrass if they have a good opener.

I saw Supergrass at a club in Portland for $3 in '95. They were really, really good then, so... I'm sure they'll be worth going to see. I like the new album a lot. I think it's my second-favorite, actually (my first-favorite is I Should Coco).

phil marlowe

hah im gonna look out xzibit as an addition to this years roskilde.