Gert de Graaff

Started by ono, January 29, 2004, 06:03:07 PM

ono

Now here's something out of left field we hope you'll really like!

Seriously, though, anyone heard of this guy?  It was truly by chance that I ever came across him, as several months ago, I think it was, I was browsing on IMDb at some thread about really weird movies.  De zee die denkt aka The Sea That Thinks came up, and upon reading about it, I was immediately intrigued.  I don't see any traces of DVD or VHS release information, and I'd doubt it'll ever happen considering he's so obscure anyway.  I just wanted to see the fruition of what I thought was an incredibly interesting premise.  Not to mention his other film, Twee, seems to be just as interesting.

(Now watch this thread sink faster than my Bertrand Blier one!  :-D)

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI don't see any traces of DVD or VHS release information, and I'd doubt it'll ever happen considering he's so obscure anyway.
PAL region-free DVD is available on the official website.

http://www.dezeediedenkt.nl/

godardian

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaNow here's something out of left field we hope you'll really like!

Seriously, though, anyone heard of this guy?  It was truly by chance that I ever came across him, as several months ago, I think it was, I was browsing on IMDb at some thread about really weird movies.  De zee die denkt aka The Sea That Thinks came up, and upon reading about it, I was immediately intrigued.  I don't see any traces of DVD or VHS release information, and I'd doubt it'll ever happen considering he's so obscure anyway.  I just wanted to see the fruition of what I thought was an incredibly interesting premise.  Not to mention his other film, Twee, seems to be just as interesting.

(Now watch this thread sink faster than my Bertrand Blier one!  :-D)

I've been dying to see some Bertrand Blier ever since I read Pauline Kael enthuse about him, so someday soon I'll be reviving that thread, Ono!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.