Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Started by jenkins, December 03, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: polkablues on May 09, 2018, 02:03:16 PM
There's a certain lower-middle class of actor, primarily dudes in their 40s-60s who have name recognition from previous success, who currently make a living by simply having a set price for their services and then accepting literally any production that is willing to pay it. Madsen, Tom Sizemore, Eric Roberts, Matthew Modine, my Close Personal Friend Casper Van Dien.... They get to pay their bills, a bunch of low-budget movies increase their selling power by putting a recognizable name and face on the poster, everybody wins.

I recently heard an old interview with Clifton Collins Jr. where he said he made about $40,000 a year, being paid scale, before agent fees and union dues. He said only the DDLs of the world can afford to do a movie every few years. "The rest of us need to take what we can get" etc. This was after he had been in the Star Trek reboot.

Edit: Here's that interview: http://www.slashfilm.com/the-filmcast-bonus-episode-an-evening-with-actor-clifton-collins-jr-man-of-a-thousand-faces/

jenkins

Robyn

BB

Anyone else thinking this might be a horror movie? Structured like Pulp Fiction like they said, but not played especially funny. Some good buddy-buddy banter of course, but its treatment of the murders and their aftermath could be done in a Polanski-esque fashion.

wilberfan

Made a visit to the Hollywood Blvd set today (because, how many chances to do that will I get?).  They were shooting interiors inside Musso Franks all day, but I'm fascinated by film sets--and curious to the point of annoyance--so I had no trouble entertaining myself talking to crew, security, etc.  Spotted Kurt and Brad when the company broke for lunch.  Knew I had to stay cool, photo-wise around them, but took some shots of the work being done to get ready for the exterior shooting next week.

[edit] A much better set of photos (via Brian Donnelly).

jenkins

Sharon Tate's Sister Gives Blessing To Quentin Tarantino's 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'

Debra Tate says that Tarantino explained the plot to put her mind at ease. She says, "This movie is not what people would expect it to be when you combine the Tarantino and Manson names." Debra Tate is also pleased that Sony moved the release date up a couple weeks, to avoid the 50th anniversary, saying that the original August 2019 date was "tacky and exploitative."

wilbderfan gave us the photos, here's the video

wilberfan

jenkins

Lena Dunham Joins Quentin Tarantino's 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'

Lena Dunham, Austin Butler, Maya Hawke, and Lorenza Izzo have joined the cast of Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."

Dunham will be playing a character named Gypsy. Hawke has been cast as the fictional character Flower Child and Izzo will portray Francesca Capucci, a glamorous Italian movie star.

The cast also includes Margot Robbie as Tate, Luke Perry, Damian Lewis, Dakota Fanning, Al Pacino, Emile Hirsch, Clifton Collins Jr., Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Keith Jefferson, and Nicholas Hammond.

Alethia

Wow. Eager to see how that plays out. For some reason I carry around generally ambivalent feelings about Dunham, but always wind up liking her whenever I see her in anything.

Reel

Fernando

I think she will play one of Manson's droogs.

Drenk

Lena Dunham in Girls was constantly amazing. She could rock some Tarantino dialogue. But I think she'll get a minor role? I hope not.
Ascension.

jenkins

Alethia