What DVDs did you get for the Christmas?

Started by Banky, December 03, 2003, 01:16:54 PM

©brad

The Silver Bullet

"Angels in America"
The Castle of Cagliostro
Dead Man
GoodFellas
The Triplets of Belleville
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Find Your Magali

cine

I didn't get any movies.. not even kidding.

When I go out on my shopping spree of dvds, i'll get back to ya'll.

Gold Trumpet

I had a birthday a few days ago too so everyone considers it part of christmas, so....

Ultimate Oliver Stone Collection
Martin Scorsese box set
Whale Rider (lost my first copy)
The Great Escape: Special Edition
Resevoir Dogs: Special Edition
Dial "M" for Murder
That's Entertainment box set

eloquentpilgrim

I got Go and The League of Gentleman series 1. :/ I'm going to exchange The League.. with the recent Little Britain series though.

I also got a dvd player, how newbie of me. So I currently have two dvds. Does that make all you movie buffs sick? I'm going to do a huge dvd shop this week. What do you think are 5 dvds I should buy to start me off?

Find Your Magali

Quote from: eloquentpilgrimWhat do you think are 5 dvds I should buy to start me off?

This'll do nicely...

The Perineum Falcon

Schindler's List: Collector's Edition
3 Women
The Leopard
Rushmore
(I know, I'm a bit late on getting this... I feel really ashamed)
Return of the King: Extended Edition

I'll more than likely pick up a few more after having my juicy check cashed sometime next week.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

eloquentpilgrim

Hahah. How did I know PTA would come into this. I would quite like to see Hard Eight, would probably have to be imported though.
Boogie Nights just reminds me of watching sex scenes with my parents when I was 16 and being extremely uncomfortable about it.

I definately want to get The Dreamers and Rushmore, and The Ice Storm.

Gamblour.

Just got back from Wal-Mart and Borders, had gift cards for both:

At Wal-Mart

At Borders, they were having a buy 3 get the 4th one free

This was only 13 bucks! I got it for free, because of the deal, but geez, wasn't this ranked as the best dvd release last year by some people?? Great price for a two disc.
WWPTAD?

cine

Went out with my Christmas money and finally picked up this set you guys might be familiar with:

More to come tomorrow..

matt35mm

For Christmas:

And for 17 bucks at a used DVD place (both are perfect condition) with what I guess is Christmas money (but I would've bought them with or without Christmas money):

bonanzataz

only the best for taz...

yeah, i know. i saw five minutes of it on tv and it was pretty bad, but whatever...

christmas rocks.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ElPandaRoyal

I just got Kill Bill: Vol. Deux and only because I already had the volume one, because I'll try and save the most money I can in the next couple of months (only spend it in going to theaters)

Quote from: SiliasRubyGimme Shelter-The Criterion Collection

Saw this the other day in a class and it was great. And Jagger is the total stage machine. He's great. And, well, let's face it... Stones kick ass. Who cares about Hell's Angels or whatever their name was.  :yabbse-wink:
Si