INHERENT VICE (No Major Spoilers)

Started by cronopio 2, December 02, 2010, 09:51:28 AM

Axolotl

Here's Jennie Berlin who plays Aunt Reet in Inherent Vice  giving a reading from Pynchon's newest book Bleeding Edge at the National Book Awards (she also read the audio-book). Just thought it was a nice connection.

Please tell me, and I'm sorry, if this is completely irrelevant to this thread.

Lottery

Guise! Guise! I'm not sure how accurate this is but Jonny G's name popped up on the Inherent Vice IMDB page. Apparently this happened like a month ago so I'm like 'whhaaa?'
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1791528/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
Fingers crossed this is true but you know this could be wrong and PTA actually hired fucking Hans Zimmer or someone when we wren't watching.
There is uncertainty.
https://twitter.com/cigsandredvines/status/407959960572555264

jenkins

Quote from: Lottery on January 08, 2014, 05:08:42 PM
PTA actually hired fucking Hans Zimmer

ummm sorry bud but hans zimmer is working extensively with christopher nolan on developing spotless music for fucking interstellroaaaaaar. he's busssssy!! eat it

Drenk

I desperately tried to ask the question (twice) to Greenwood (with Twitter) but (duh) he didn't answer. Buf if he's not doing it, Santa Claus is doing it.
Ascension.

Lottery

Quote from: Drenk on January 08, 2014, 05:59:57 PM
I desperately tried to ask the question (twice) to Greenwood (with Twitter) but (duh) he didn't answer. Buf if he's not doing it, Santa Claus is doing it.

You should have baited him with something like 'Wow Jonny have a listen to this obscure Polish composer!are you doing inherent vice?'

modage

Quote from: jenkins<3 on January 08, 2014, 05:33:59 PM
Quote from: Lottery on January 08, 2014, 05:08:42 PM
PTA actually hired fucking Hans Zimmer

ummm sorry bud but hans zimmer is working extensively with christopher nolan on developing spotless music for fucking interstellroaaaaaar. he's busssssy!! eat it
Not that this would ever happen but Zimmer scored 5 films last year, I think he can handle the workload.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

N

Axolotl

Jonny Greenwood Scoring Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice'

Greenwood's score will be recorded this month with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London

Drenk

Some interesting stuff that Jonny Greenwood is saying about electric guitars and strings which might be connected to Inherent Vice or not.

QuoteNME: Sunday's concert (February 23) in Wapping with the LCO will include new material written by you. What can we expect?

Jonny Greenwood: A few short pieces - hopefully one with guitar and strings, if it's sounding OK in rehearsals. Nothing soloistic, I'm just trying to write some guitar music that sits with the orchestra. It's strange how little music was written for strings and electric guitar when it first came out in the 1930's - or later, even. Eventually, things did get written - but there's usually a wall of guitar effects involved. I've tried to go back to the idea of an un-effected guitar as part of an orchestra. Most of the concert will be the film cues from There Will Be Blood, Norwegian Wood, and The Master. In addition, we'll hear some new (and very old) music by other people.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/radioheads-jonny-greenwood-qa-blending-classical-music-with-rock?recache=1&t=1231316&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=johnnygreenwood#0LfcDpGFAyYQ6GTg.99
Ascension.

Cloudy

God damnit I wanna be there.

Axolotl

Ok so the score's finished recording

QuoteI finished recording a soundtrack last week for Paul Thomas Anderson's next film Inherent Vice. We recorded with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, led by Clio Gould - they were fantastic. Other than that, I'm just writing orchestral things, doing some nerdy programming, and waiting to see what the band feel like doing.

Drenk

Ascension.

Pubrick

Context?

Other than that he's becoming Russell Crowe.

And Jonny's head is about to explode. Wait is that even him?

Who the fuck are these people?
under the paving stones.

Cloudy

In London with the Royal Philharmonic.

Pozer

Other than that he's staying true to his habit of being a fashion repeat offender.