Joaquin Phoenix

Started by Finn, October 07, 2004, 05:35:55 PM

Finn

He's a great actor who's been in a lot of really good movies. I really liked him in Quills, Signs, Ladder 49 and particularly The Village. He'll be playing Johnny Cash in Walk the Line.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

NEON MERCURY

yeah, i like phoenix. dont forget TNT. haha, that ssh*t was great

Stefen

He was good in to die for. One of the most underrated movies ever.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatball

Joaquin has never failed to impress. And he looks like James Cagney.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

mogwai

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Thrindle

Classic.

Vile5

Quote from: El Duderinodont forget gladiator
mmm...i'd forget it, he was much better in Quills
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Stefen

I'm bumping this thread because something awesome is happening with Joaquin Phoenix.

Apparently, he's embarking on his new career as a rapper. I think he's just trolling everyone, but people are really taking this shit seriously. It's hilarious. People are like, "OMG, he;s going the same route as his BRO!" and "anuther heath ledger!!!!1!!" and it's funny as shit. As with anything celebrities do, the paparrazi blows it out of proportion and I think Joaquin is trolling them.

Check his interview from Letterman tonight.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

john

Sasha Baron Cohen has been doing this shtick better, and Kaufman did it better before him but... hey... good on Phoenix for giving it a shot.

At least it makes for good youtube.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

private witt

"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Stefen

Quote from: john on February 11, 2009, 10:32:43 PM
Sasha Baron Cohen has been doing this shtick better, and Kaufman did it better before him but... hey... good on Phoenix for giving it a shot.

At least it makes for good youtube.

Everything has been done better at some point in time. That doesn't mean teh new thing isn't completely fucking awesome.

private witt

Whoops, missed the above link.  I love the line at the end of the clip from Letterman, "We owe an apology to Fara Faucett." 
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks